Internship – Corporate Transparency
Transparency International EU Office, Brussels, Belgium
The Transparency International EU Office in Brussels is seeking a highly motivated intern for its EU advocacy, communications and research work.
The Transparency International EU Office is part of the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Together with more than 100 national offices worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI EU raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption at the EU level. The EU Office promotes transparency, integrity and accountability in EU policies and institutions.
Main function: Internship – Corporate Transparency
Starting date: 01 December 2015 to 31 May 2016 (preferred)
Location: Transparency International EU Office, Brussels, Belgium
Key tasks include:
- Assist the EU advocacy work to improve corporate transparency in the EU, such as by drafting letters and policy briefings, and attending advocacy meetings with policy-makers and EU institutions
- Assist the internal and external communications work of the EU Office by drafting and editing articles and blogs, and support with multimedia and social media activities
- Assist the EU policy and media monitoring, research and analysis work in the relevant field
- Assist the preparations of events, meetings and visits in Brussels
- Attend and report on relevant events and conferences
- Overall support to the office, including various administrative tasks
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- University degree in European Studies, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or other social science related field
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a requirement. Other European languages, in particular French and German, are an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU institutions and the policy making at the EU level in Brussels
- Strong writing and creative communication skills including through multimedia and social media communications tools
- Excellent organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Considerable interest in the work of TI and the field of corporate accountability
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
Qualified candidates should submit their introductory email and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the position you are applying (Internship), your name, surname in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is 15 November 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International’s EU Office in Brussels visit our website at www.transparencyinternational.eu