The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Government Partnerships Division of the Berlin Office. The Internship will be for a period of 6 months starting from late Summer – early Fall 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Government Partnerships Division with the following key duties:
- Preparing project proposals for Germany and Austria, as donors in close exchange with colleagues from WFP Regional Bureaus and Country Offices
- Preparing of briefing notes for meetings, short biographies, and background documents for briefings and conferences
- Finalisation and updating of project overviews, contribution tables, and graphs using relevant data
- Informing donor counterparts on developments of WFP operations
- Drafting of emails and thank you letters for contributions
- Taking notes for the record during internal and external meetings and events
- Translating documents from German to English and vice versa
- Preparing clippings regarding government partnerships issues and WFP internal weekly highlights, covering developments relevant to the WFP Berlin Office
- Performing other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies OR have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Political, Social or related studies;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in German and English;
- Second UN language would be an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Berlin is around US$800
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.