Názov www stránky The Danish Institute for Human Rights
As an intern at the Danish Institute for Human Rights’ Corporate Engagement and Human Rights and Business programmes, you will get a good understanding of international human rights work as well as access to a network of human rights experts. Furthermore, you will be acquainted with international human rights project implementation and develop skills and competences in project management. Please consult www.humanrights.dk for a general introduction to DIHR.
About the internship with the Corporate Engagement Programme
To ensure sustainable global development based on human rights, we believe that the human rights community and the business community must work together. In The Corporate Engagement Programme we work directly with companies to help them minimize the negative and maximize the positive human rights impacts of their operations at the global, country and project level.
As our new intern you will be assigned a supervisor, and will assist our corporate engagement project-teams. The internship will train your ability to apply theory in practice, not least via participation in the following tasks:
- human rights topics related to various business sectors
- country specific human rights and business issues
- human rights impact assessment, grievance mechanisms and other ad-hoc human rights and business related topics
Analysis and mapping of:
- company policies and procedures
- existing initiatives or corporate ‘best practice’
Translation of complex human rights principles and standards to actionable recommendations for companies
In case of questions about the position, please contact Advisor, Emil Kernell, email@example.com.
About the internship with the Human Rights and Business Programme
The Human Rights and Business Programme focuses on strengthening national implementation of human rights standards in relation to economic activities and supporting relevant mechanisms at UN and regional levels.
As our new intern, you will be assigned a supervisor and be a part of:
- research on national and international frameworks relating to business and human rights;
- the development of tools and guidance on human rights and business particularly targeted at state actors;
- the development of training materials;
- research related to the work of the Myanmar Centre for Responsible Business;
- ad-hoc tasks in relation to on-going project work.
In case of questions about the position, please contact the programme manager, Elin Wrzoncki, firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR BOTH INTERNSHIPS:
- A high standard first (BA) degree in human rights, law, political science, development studies or related field
- Prior experience or academic interest in human rights and/or sustainable development
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge or experience working in a business setting is an advantage
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset
- Experience relating to development NGOs or human rights through extra-curricular activities, or other voluntary social activities, will be an advantage
- Solid communication skills (both written and oral)
It is a prerequisite that you are enrolled in a university degree or programme. Merit (university accreditation) is a requirement for interns enrolled at a Danish university. International students (or students based outside of Denmark) should be aware that this is an unpaid position and we thus encourage those international students who can access a grant/scholarship to apply.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The positions are full-time positions based in Copenhagen. We offer summer internships starting in May 2018 and/or fall internships starting in August 2018. Duration and starting date can be negotiated. Our internships do not entail compensation.
The Danish Institute for Human Rights appreciates diversity in the workplace. If qualified, we strongly encourage you to apply for the position
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for applications is March 30th 2018 at 12 noon (GMT+1).
Please make use of the link on the website.
We expect to conduct interviews most likely via Skype within 10 days after the application deadline.
Pre odoslanie žiadosti na túto prácu prosím navštivte URL: https://graduateland.com/job/23188904/14/two-business-and-human-rights-interns →