Application Closing Date – 24 Jun 2016
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – until December 31, 2016
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an International Secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
In 2016, Afghanistan stands at a critical juncture that will determine its future as a country. The new democratically elected government has taken power against a backdrop of withdrawing international forces. While immediate prospects for peace remain unclear, what is certain is that long-term stability cannot be secured unless a sustained effort is made to tackle corruption in the country. In 2015, Afghanistan ranked 166 out of 168 countries on TI’s Corruption Perception Index and 90% of citizens said corruption is a problem in their daily lives. Needed reforms can only take place with high level political will to address corruption.
Since 2012 TI has been working on Afghanistan actively seeking to change this, and is now on the breakthrough point of establishing a sustainable presence in Kabul with the programmatic and operational support of a Berlin-based team. By developing and implementing a 3-year Programme on Afghanistan (2016-2019), TI is taking the challenge to play a crucial role in tackling corruption and improve transparency, integrity and accountability at the national level. July-December 2016 is a critical period to deliver discrete outcomes for TI’s work in Afghanistan, which is the basis of seeking issue-expert consultants.
TI is inviting expressions of interest from a highly motivated Programme Assistant consultant with excellent organisational skills and experience with administration and office management, keen on supporting the Asia Pacific department (APD) in all logistical, administrative and programmatic tasks and operations toward the implementation of the TI Afghanistan Programme.
Working under the guidance of the Policy, Advocacy and Program Lead (PPL) and the Asia Pacific team, the PA will play a key role in the daily running of all activities and projects relevant to the Programme. The consultancy is envisaged to provide support on a rolling basis to the APD of Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) and its national partner in Kabul, from July until December 2016.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
- Provide general administrative assistance in day-to-day operations (processing of invoices, budget tracking, contract filing, tendering procedures, scheduling and organising meetings, etc.)
- Provide assistance in the organisation and logistics of events, such as two international conferences held in Berlin and abroad, chapter-to-chapter visits, media launches, workshops;
- Support the logistical organisation of all business trips to Afghanistan and other destinations, assisting with room bookings, invitation letters, visas and other logistical arrangments;
- Provide general support in preparation of documents and other work outputs relating to the management of the Programme;
- Assist in gathering data and information to produce accurate, on time financial reporting and supporting narrative;
- Maintain a database of business contacts;
- Undertake desk research to ensure that requested information and data is available to team members and stakeholders;
- Support securing security assets and services in Berlin under the guidance of APD.
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in administration, management or another relevant field;
- 1+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation working on administrative support or another relevant field;
- Interest in the topic of business integrity and commitment to the cause of anti-corruption;
- Fluent written and spoken English required, German is an asset;
- Full proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The PA consultant can anticipate a 40-hour weekly commitment until 31 December 2015;
The indicative fee range for these consultancy services is 11.000-13.400 EUR total (negotiable based on experience);
Eligible expenses (determined in contract) will be covered by TI.
Transparency International e.V. (Secretariat), (TI-S) is registered as a Business Entity in Germany with VAT identification number DE273612486. In order to determine the Value Added Tax (VAT) implications of this tender, we kindly request that the Consultant complete the Vendor Form and submit their answers along with their email application.
Applications should be sent by close of business of 24th of June 2016.
Candidates are requested to provide the following documents in English:
- Letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the assignment;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Completed Vendor form
Applications should be sent preferably by email to: APDConsultant@Transparency.org
Please indicate “PA Consultancy Afghanistan” in the subject line of your email application.
Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org