WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident: Position Grade: FSN-09; EUR 28.789 p.a.
Incumbent might be hired at developmental level FSN-08; EUR 22.382 p.a.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Bratislava is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of
Outreach Specialist in the Public Affairs Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for:
- Collecting and analyzing information about public opinion in Slovakia, which the Specialist uses to identify target audiences and modify Embassy messaging to accomplish Embassy Mission strategic goals.
- Monitoring and evaluating Embassy programming to determine if it is effective and working with Embassy colleagues to develop new, more effective outreach programs.
- Serving as the Embassy’s primary liaison with higher education institutions, developing relationships with university officials, and creating opportunities for Embassy outreach at these institutions.
- Managing all aspects of the Embassy’s network of InfoUSA centers, including relationships with partner institutions, oversight and development of collections, and training the center coordinators.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: University Degree in American studies, international relations, public relations, education, information science, sociology, statistics or equivalent is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum four years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in one of the following areas: project management, education, public information campaigns, public opinion research and/or outreach programs. This should include experience developing strategic, data-driven approaches to creating programs and managing personnel and budgets.
- LANGUAGE: English – level IV (fluent), both written and spoken, Slovak – level IV (fluent), both written and spoken
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to independently plan, organize, and carry out assigned responsibilities using electronic based technologies. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to create graphs, charts in Excel, and other analytics software (ex. Tableau). Ability to translate complex information into strong, easily delivered messages, including the ability to influence, inspire confidence and build trust at all levels.