Názov www stránky United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Global Issues/EU Internship, Regional Representation for EU Affairs (RREUA), UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Brussels, Belgium
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (the UN Refugee Agency, also known as UNHCR) is an intergovernmental organization with a mandate to protect refugees and stateless persons worldwide. Promoting respect for international protection norms in European Union (EU) law and policy is of vital importance to UNHCR, and the agency, accordingly, provides its views on a wide range of issues related to access to Europe, asylum, refugee protection, resettlement and integration in the Member States of the EU. UNHCR’s reports, proposals and observations on EU asylum law and policy can be found on this page: www.unhcr.org/eu.
The Regional Representation for EU Affairs (RREUA) collaborates with EU institutions in Brussels on these issues, and works closely with the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) in Malta and Frontex, the EU’s external border agency, based in Warsaw. The “Global Issues – EU Affairs” unit (GIEU) is one of the six units within the Regional Representation for EU Affairs (RREUA). The unit works on different areas including advocacy, EU policy partnership, fundraising, field support and EU financial/administrative partnership. The GI-EU Unit is looking for an intern starting early November 2018.
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate school programme, preferable in international relations or political science, from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least three years of studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
- Conduct research and monitor particular aspects of EU external action, EU policy developments and/or EU funding instruments;
- Write analytics notes on different aspects of EU migration/asylum related issues;
- Update material and guidelines on EU developments intended to be sent to field operations;
- Attend meetings and conferences in Brussels on various EU matters and report on their content;
- Provide administrative support to the management of EU contributions on an ad hoc basis;
- Assist with the organization of meetings and events as may be required;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Work Dates & Conditions
Full-time, six months, from November 2018. Dates to be agreed.
The intern will receive a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA), up to USD 1000 per month, payable in local currency. The Food and Local Transportation Allowance is provided to non-sponsored interns only. In cases where a sponsored intern receives funding (less than the amount of allowance described above) from the sponsoring institution or another sponsor, UNHCR will pay the difference between this amount and the above allowance, if any.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Laura Gicquel (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 24/09/2018. For more information, please check UNHCR’s websites (www.unhcr.org, www.unhcr.org/eu).
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na email@example.com