|Vacancy Notice No.: EXT/F/16-84
Title: Assistant Information Management Specialist
Contract Type: Fixed-term
Starting Salary: CHF 65,035 net per annum (approximate)
Division: Languages, Documentation & Information Management
Duration: Two years with the possibility of extension
|The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Assistant Information Management Specialist in the Official Documents and Records Section of the Languages, Documentation and Information Management Division.|
|General FunctionsUnder the supervision of the Chief, Official Documents and Records Section, the incumbent will perform the following specific duties:
1. Catalogue, index, describe and organize information resources to ensure appropriate access and distribution using relevant metadata in electronic systems.
2. Maintain authority files, taxonomies and value lists.
3. Liaise with Divisions regarding routine information management issues and provide support, training and troubleshooting for users of specialized systems.
4. Provide assistance to Central Registry Notifications (CRN) Administrator, in particular when it is necessary to produce periodic reports and statistics on the status of notifications for both Members and the Secretariat.
5. Undertake any other administrative and/or data management activities as required.
Completion of secondary education. Formal vocational training in information management would be an asset.
|Knowledge and skills:
Knowledge of and experience in cataloguing, indexing, information classification and use of databases.
General office skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Word.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines; ability to take initiative and cooperate with other colleagues in a diverse international setting; ability to work independently yet to be a team player.
The work may require the incumbent to be available beyond normal working hours.
Three to four years of relevant experience.
Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, French or Spanish and a working knowledge of the other two.
The position may be offered at a lower grade if the selected candidate does not fully meet all the required qualifications.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Candidates not selected whose performance in the selection process nevertheless shows them to be suitable for a similar position may be kept on a roster for up to 18 months, and may subsequently be called upon as and when the need arises for additional resources.
|APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIT A WRITTEN EXAMINATION|
|APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.|