|Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM), at the Model ASEM you have the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues.
The Model ASEM series organised by ASEF is unique as it takes place in conjunction with official ASEM FMMs and hence provides you with a golden opportunity to personally interact with your Foreign Minister and government officials and/or of other ASEM countries.
|Opportunity to interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Officials
You will have the rare chance to meet and interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Delegation members as well as with representatives of ASEM Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations.
Contribute to the ASEM Process
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) and all disciplines, between theages of 18-30, with a sincere interest in international relations
- The conference will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants
- When? 15 – 20 November 2017
- Where? Yangon & Naypyidaw, Myanmar
- Costs? No participation fee. We will provide participants with travel subsidies, accommodation and meals
- Visit the 8th Model ASEM website
- Check out the FAQ
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6874 9715
ASEF and its partners follow the principle of equality, non-discrimination and equal opportunity and look for a good mixture of participants. All applicants will be screened fairly regardless of sex, race, religion, belief, marital status, sexual orientation and disability.