Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Auderghem and employs more than 160 people. FSCC is the Fine Specialty and Consumer Chemicals programme representing 60 different products/product families.
To replace one of its colleagues on maternity leave, Cefic is looking for a (m/f):
Internship at FSCC
Temporary position from June 2016 until November 2016
- Contribute to the development of industry position within the regulatory framework
- Support and participate in specific projects on regulation implementation, indoor air quality and workplace emissions, amongst others
- Support the Secretary General in the management of specific sector groups (SRM, PPRM and CES) task forces for issues solving
- Develop good relationships with the members and downstream user associations
- Participate in industry events and conferences as required
Skills & competencies
- University degree (science, legal, communications or similar)
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience developed within one of the EU institutions or in an organisation working in relation with EU authorities
- Good understanding of the chemical industry
- Excellent level in English (both spoken and written), other European languages are an asset
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make concise summaries
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work within tight deadlines where required
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 31st May 2016 to Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.