The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) is a multilateral development bank with a social vocation. Established in 1956 in order to bring solutions to the problems of refugees, its scope of action has progressively widened to other sectors of action directly contributing to strengthening social cohesion in Europe. The CEB represents the major instrument of the policy of solidarity in Europe, in order to help its 41 Member States achieve sustainable and equitable growth.
In order to provide for the development of our activities, we are seeking a Paris/France based Research Analyst.
Council of Europe Development Bank
Corporate Responsibility & Studies Department
Directorate for European Cooperation & Strategy
Vacancy Notice n°08/2016
Reporting to the Director of the Corporate Responsibility & Studies Department, the incumbent will be in charge of the following tasks:
Contributing to technical studies and working papers conducted in the Bank’s sectors of action, by providing and analysing data, conducting research and analysis, and co-drafting with the Senior Economist
- Preparing analytical briefings and speaking notes on macroeconomic, EU and social issues for the Governor and Vice-Governors
- Producing quarterly review of economic indicators for CEB member and non-member countries
- Participating in the preparation of workshops and seminars in the Bank’s sectors of action
- Communicating on the Studies’ public documents through appropriate channels and fora
- Contributing to the Bank’s reporting on corporate social responsibility and to the relations with non-financial rating agencies
- Contributing to the annual CRS++ [OECD/DAC Creditor Reporting System] reporting to the OECD.
More generally, the incumbent will collaborate in any other task that may be requested of him/her within the framework of the Studies’ activity.
Postgraduate university degree in economics.
- General knowledge of econometric techniques and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience acquired in an international organisation, financing body or research centre for economy and social sciences
- IT skills: adept in the use of standard tools in office applications and commonly used economics databases
- Analytical skills: demonstrates problem solving and judgement skills to find appropriate solutions within a short delay; is able to analyse and structure ideas, synthesis of information and documents
- Excellent drafting skills
- Conceptual thinking.
Language skills: Outstanding command of written and spoken English, and excellent working knowledge of French.
Personal skills and values:
Highly developed sense of responsibility and initiative; Ability to work reliably and accurately under pressure; Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Strong communication skills and capacity to liaise with all entities in the Bank and among the Bank’s stakeholders; Rigour, organisation and a results-oriented approach. Integrity; discretion; respect for diversity and different cultural backgrounds. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Nationality: Citizen of one of the Bank’s Member States.
1) Contract: The CEB offers a 1-year appointment (corresponding to the probationary period) with the possibility of renewal.
2) Grade and salary:
- Group III (B5-A2)
- the basic salary is contingent upon the grade and step determined at the end of the recruitment process
3) Benefits (determined by the candidate’s personal situation)
- head of family
- family allowances (children)
- education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members
- settling-in and removal allowance for expatriate staff members
4) Taxation: the items included in Points 2) and 3) are not liable for income tax.
Within the framework of its rules on equal opportunity, the Council of Europe Development Bank strives to ensure equal representation of men and women among its staff, both per category and per grade. In compliance with these rules, in the case of equal merit, preference is given to the candidate of the underrepresented sex (at the time when the Selection Committee makes its recommendation).
Interested candidates should apply on line via the CEB recruitment website: http://ceb.profils.org/accueil.aspx?lcid=1033
Deadline for applications: 15 June 2016 by midnight (Paris time)
Candidates may be required to take examinations.