Deadline: on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Open to: law graduates with minimum 5 years professional experience
Remuneration: Paid position
The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women’s reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill.
The Center seeks a Global Advocacy Adviser to support the work of the Global Advocacy team in the Global Legal Program and will report to the Director of Global Advocacy.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the Director of Global Advocacy with the implementation of the Center’s new Strategic Plan;
- Working under the supervision of the Director for Global Advocacy and in collaboration with program staff based in Geneva, New York, and across the globe, the Global Advocacy Adviser will advance advocacy initiatives to strengthen international human rights norms, draw greater attention to the status of women’s reproductive rights globally, and leverage UN mechanisms to push for law and policy reform globally;
- Monitor events, developments and initiatives within the UN Human Rights Mechanisms (in particular the Treaty Monitoring Bodies and Special Procedures) and UN agencies, and identify upcoming advocacy opportunities and legal developments in Geneva;
- Support the development of communications, materials, and updates of GA activities for press releases, social media and e-mail listservs.
In order to be eligible you have to posses the following criteria:
- Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values;
- Knowledge of and documented commitment to international human rights, women’s rights and UN human rights system. Experience in reproductive rights work is a plus;
- Exceptional legal writing, editing, research, oral advocacy and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in project management and strategic planning;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, Spanish or French language ability preferred.
How to apply?
Apply online HERE by filling out the application form.
A cover letter, resume, legal writing sample, and contact information for three references must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
For more information please visit the official website.