Full-time, based in Brussels
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) is currently seeking to hire a motivated and experienced Senior Policy Adviser – EU Public Affairs to join its team at the beginning of September 2017.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with the EU Public Affairs and Communications department, the Senior Policy Adviser – EU Public Affairs’ main responsibility will be to develop and implement an effective Public Affairs strategy targeting the EU Institutions mainly in the fields of transportation, environment, climate change, energy, consumer rights and internal market.
- Foster and coordinate multi-stakeholder (national governments, EU Institutions, EU associations, international companies, NGOs) alliances to achieve common strategic goals;
- Reinforce CER’s presence and image in the EU arena through a strong and diverse network;
- Lead negotiations within CER to achieve common positions;
- Promote and maintain regular exchanges with EU Institutional actors to create awareness about the association positions.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience (either in the Commission, Parliament, Council and Member States’ Permanent Representations, or by representing private sector’s interests in the EU arena);
- Solid knowledge of European Union’s decision-making processes, legislative procedures and actors;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, and in particular political science, international relations, economy;
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent writing skills. Any additional major European language is considered a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work combined with an autonomous working style;
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude;
- Ability to thrive under pressure and keep to tight deadlines;
- Team player, able to build good working relationships with colleagues;
- Recognized commitment to ethics and transparency.
We offer a multi-cultural, dynamic and professionally enriching working environment.
Terms and conditions are competitive, depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Qualified candidates should send a maximum one page cover letter and two page CV electronically to email@example.com
Applications will be treated in confidence.
Potential applicants that do not meet the requirements are kindly asked to refrain from applying.
The closing date for applications is 28 June 2017.
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) brings together more than 70 railway undertakings, their national associations as well as infrastructure managers and vehicle leasing companies.
CER’s role is to represent the interests of its members on the EU policy-making scene, in particular to support an improved business and regulatory environment for European railway operators and railway infrastructure companies.