People in Need Slovakia (Človek v ohrození – PIN SK) is a Slovak NGO providing relief and development assistance. Since 1999, we have provided a helping hand to those deprived of human dignity and freedom due to all sorts of circumstances. To people suffering the consequences of war; victims of natural disasters or those who live under the suppression of authoritarian regimes or in conditions of deep poverty – in 29 countries around the world as well as in Slovakia. We are a proud member of the People in Need network operating from Central Europe.
Head of Relief and Development Department:
- supervises small team covering PIN SK’s work abroad,
- leads strategic planning
- manages finances and human resources of the department,
- oversees M&E
- supports and motivates the department’s staff
- participates in decision-making of the organization’s Management Team
- ensures timely and high quality reporting to donors and management
- actively contributes to development of new proposals
- networks among donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, help increase the quality of proposals, understand donor priorities and ensure coordination
- represent PIN SK at meetings with government partners, regional and local authorities, donors
Head of Relief and Development Department reports to the Director of People in Need Slovakia.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the field of relief/development
- At least 1 previous long-term (more than 6 months) field work experience (more than 1 field work experience preferred)
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Proven experience in management, fundraising, project development, donor liaison
- Knowledge of Slovak and EU donor environment, proven experience with donor relations, proposal development and external communications
- Experience with strategic program planning, project cycle management
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
- Excellent spoken and written English AND Slovak (strong preference), Czech or Polish
- University degree in relevant field
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Responsible and systematic
- Excellent communication skills
- Work experience with small and flexible NGO
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Regular content support and trainings
- Possibility to re-shape the strategies and the direction of the Department
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter as soon as possible to email@example.com As a subject please use „Head of RDD“.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.