Policy Advisor (AD5), Full Time
European Conservatives and the Reformists Group in the Committee of the Regions, European Union, Brussels
The European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) Group in the Committee of the Regions (CoR) is looking for a dynamic and motivated policy advisor to join its team.
The Committee of the Regions is the political assembly, which allows the views of regional and local authorities to be heard when European Union policies are being devised and legislation drafted. It is an advisory body that was created in 1994. Its consultative role allows its 350 members and alternates, and through them the regional and local authorities they represent, to take part in the EU decision-making process.
The ECR Group is centre-right and euro-realist. It was established in 2013 in the CoR and is part of the fastest growing pan-European political alliance.
The qualified temporary agent will be responsible, under the authority of the group’s President and its Secretary-General, for providing competent advice in the field of territorial cohesion and economic policy for the ECR Group secretariat and its activities.
The main duties:
- participation in the consultative work of the CoR Commissions, political advice, drawing up of politically and technically coherent positions in the main fields of activity of the European Union, organisation and follow-up of meetings, research, information and communication tasks, and any other activity necessary for the successful operation of the Group.
- have completed a university education of at least three years attested by a diploma in political science or international relations or economy, international and or European law,
- have relevant policy experience, preferably working in the field of territorial cohesion and or economic policy,
- have an experience and knowledge of political party work, preferably in a local authority, national/regional parliament/or government, European Parliament, or political research institute and have professional experience relevant to the nature of the duties.
- a thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and at least a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the Union. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English or French is required and at least a satisfactory knowledge of the other of the two languages.
- good knowledge of other languages of the European Union and especially that of ECR Group members would be an asset.
- excellent knowledge of current office software and internet applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, database research).
The closing date for receiving applications is 15 September 2017 at noon (Brussels time). For the complete recruitment notice and modalities for application, please visit the CoR official webpage.