COCERAL, the European association representing the cereals, rice, feedstuffs, oilseeds, olive oil, oils and fats and agrosupply trade, is offering a challenging opportunity for a motivated
Environmental Affairs and Agrosupply
Areas of expertise within which a clear understanding is required:
- Food and feed safety legislative framework applicable to the cereals and oilseeds sector, i.e. pesticides authorisation and residues, mycotoxins, heavy metals and other contaminants;
- Environmental issues linked to agriculture (water, soil, air).
Main responsibilities in the above areas:
- Monitoring of regulatory and policy developments at EU level as well as in international organisations and institutions;
- Interpretation of current regulations concerning agricultural commodities and briefing COCERAL members on the impact of new legislation;
- Liaising with members, preparing and managing relationships with working parties and committees, as well as developing position papers;
- Representing the interests of COCERAL with EU institutions.
We are looking for a team player who has:
- 3 to 5 years work experience in an Association or in Government relations is essential;
- Thorough knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Capability to summarize regulatory measures and documents for members;
- Excellent communication, drafting and presentational skills;
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Perfect command of English, good knowledge of either German or French; knowledge of additional European languages is an asset
- Previous experience in agribusiness-related issues and/or Master’s degree in agricultural/environment-related sciences is preferred.
Please only apply if your experience and skills meet the above requirements for this position.
Only candidates matching the profile will be contacted.
If you are interested to join our team, please send your CV and motivation letter, as well as up to three references, addressed to COCERAL Secretary General Ms Teresa Babuscio, by e-mail to Nora.Dardir@coceral.com
Closing Date for Application: 27th June 2016
The selected candidate should start as soon as possible and preferably by Mid-August 2016.