DeHavilland EU is recruiting for an experienced EU Freelance Reporter to extend our network in Brussels.
DeHavilland is the definitive provider of political intelligence, monitoring, research and consulting services in the UK & EU based in London and Brussels. Our services help public affairs professionals track, monitor and evaluate the impact of the political environment, enabling them to effectively plan, implement and evaluate their organisation’s objectives.
This role is to be filled as soon as possible and would suit a freelancer with experience in EU affairs and EU policy contemplating a career in EU journalism.
Working in Brussels, the successful candidate will cover European Parliament Committee and Plenary meetings, events and conferences. The reports will have to be submitted in English within tight deadlines and adhere to a strict writing style.
Payment is made per assignment based on an agreed hourly rate, and depends on experience.
- Self-employed status in Belgium – we cannot consider your application unless this criteria is met
- Press accreditation / accreditation to the European Parliament
- First-class writing skills in English at native level or equivalent, with a keen eye for detail
- Attend and report on political events in Brussels producing clear, concise and engaging reports on developments in the European Parliament
- A genuine interest in and strong knowledge of EU policies and the EU political process
- A strong interest in EU policy and journalism
- Proven record of EU parliamentary reporting
- Ability to translate complex and technical discussions into simple language
- Flexibility and commitment – available to report during Committee and Plenary sessions
- Excellent time management skills
- Completed a degree, preferably in a relevant subject
The DeHavilland EU team is professional, driven, committed and passionate about EU affairs. For further information please visit our website www.dehavillandeurope.eu.
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to work with us, please submit your CV and covering letter to Sabrina Urban, including details of current / previous performance and your suitability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.