(Senior) Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Advisers
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As a membership based Public-Private Partnership (PPP) expertise network with a mission to help strengthen the capacity of the public sector to undertake PPPs, the European PPP Expertise Centre (EPEC) is an important component of the EIB’s Advisory Services (AS) department. Created in 2008, EPEC provides PPP institutional, policy and upstream project support to its public sector Members (mainly central government PPP Units), the lending activities of the EIB and the implementation of EU policies. Through its activities, it helps its 41 Members and related public bodies to adopt conductive PPP policies and legal/institutional frameworks, build sound PPP pipelines, accelerate implementation and improve the management of PPP projects that thereby deliver value for money to the public sector. In its upstream PPP project advisory role, EPEC provides strategic advice to public authorities on assessing the PPP option and on planning and preparing PPPs for procurement. EPEC’s expertise can be accessed directly or through the European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH) another component of EIB’s advisory services and one of the supporting pillars of the Investment Plan for Europe.
EPEC wishes to expand its current team of advisers to increase its ability to respond to public sector entities seeking PPP advisory services and to enhance the knowledge and expertise it offers. This may be through the delivery of different types of advisory services and member network activities. EPEC is therefore looking for a high-calibre individual with significant relevant PPP experience and expertise from the public and/or private sectors who can demonstrate an ability to contribute to its PPP advisory services.
External: EPEC PPP Advisers are required to respond to and interact with a number of external parties, particularly EPEC country Members and related public sector bodies (such as procuring authorities), EC bodies and those seeking PPP advice. This is an excellent opportunity for a PPP expert wishing to be an integral part of a pan-EU strategic policy and upstream project Advisory Service of the EIB.
Internal: The PPP Adviser will join the existing team of advisers and support staff and will report to the Head of EPEC. Close cooperation with different parts of Advisory Services and with the Bank more widely is critical to the continued success of EPEC and to the delivery of advisory requests, including those submitted through EIAH. As EPEC’s advisory services are normally provided directly to those requesting them, there is an expectation that advisers will travel to EU countries when/as needed.
The PPP adviser is expected to:
- Participate in the development and implementation of EPEC’s work programme
- Contribute to the identification, prioritisation and design/scoping of PPP project advisory assignments consistent with EPEC’s overall role
- Lead and/or contribute to the effective delivery of advisory assignments, interacting with public sector clients throughout the assignment process
- Contribute to the development of EPEC’s PPP-thematic research/analysis and network activities
- Establish/maintain relationships with EPEC Members and PPP stakeholders in relevant countries
- Liaise effectively with other Advisory Services initiatives, the Bank’s sector specialists and lending departments, contributing to an integrated approach to delivering advisory assignments
- Represent EPEC at high level meetings, conferences and other events
- Where appropriate, define externally delivered consultancy assignments, appoint consultants and oversee the delivery of consultancy assignments
- University degree(s) in a relevant field, such as, finance, economics, business administration, law, or engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, including exposure to financial, economic, technical and legal aspects of PPPs operating in a commercially oriented environment
- Sound knowledge of PPPs in a European context, preferably with in-depth PPP knowledge/experience of at least two EU countries
- Experience in advising public sector clients and/or leading PPP projects during their preparation and/or early procurement (technical, financial or legal advice)
- Experience in advising/leading public sector clients on PPP policy and programmes
- Knowledge/experience of the requirements and procedures for EU grant application would be an advantage for support to grant-PPP blended projects
- A good understanding of the EIB’s mission, strategy and activities and of the contribution Advisory Services have to delivering these
- Good strategic thinking, with excellent analysis and problem-solving and sound quantitative skills
- Strong oral/presentational skills, excellent written communication skills, including reporting in English
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential, good command of French* and/or other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
Deadline for applications: 19th June 2017
Please apply directly by clicking on this link
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Keywords:Vacancy, Full-time, Luxembourg, consulting, Partnership (PPP) consulting, public sector