The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) – Information & Reporting (IR) – Integration Unit (INT), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
SOA Analyst and Project Manager
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Analyst and Project Manager (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications) will work in the IT Integration Unit. As a member of the team, s/he will analyse, design, coordinate and promote IT solutions in accordance with SOA principles as defined at the EIB. S/he will have project management responsibilities and will coordinate/implement solutions in the Bank’s ESB (Enterprise Service Bus).
Within the Transversal Services Department, the Information & Reporting Division (IR) is in charge of the Collaboration and Document Management Services, the Intranet, the Admin Suite and Integration. The Division also manages the main ERP package (PeopleSoft) and related developments in the HR and GL / Accounting areas.
The SOA Analyst and Project Manager will report to the Head of the Integration Unit and whenever required directly to the Head of the Information and Reporting Division. The Integration Unit is currently composed of 3 internal staff and 15 external consultants.
Internally, s/he will cooperate with counterparties from other IT application teams, IT Operations, IT Engineering, IT Security, IT Project Management Office and Business Users in other Departments in order to ensure that appropriate internal service provision/control are maintained and to ensure understanding of IT methodologies.
Externally, s/he will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services and other peer groups) in order to optimise service levels and to stay abreast of best practice.
The SOA Analyst and Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that Integration solutions are in line with IT policies, that qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved
- Taking responsibility for carrying out enhancements, maintenance and further development of the ESB (either directly or through external consultants)
- Taking responsibility to implement service solutions with SOA principles in mind based on IBM WebSphere Integration Bus
- Taking responsibility and initiative for the implementation of new projects and upgrade projects, ensuring the quality of the projects and the coherence of the solution with related systems
- Coordinating and supervising an external team of IT consultants in order to ensure the delivery of expected solutions to internal business customers
- Leading workshops/discussions to understand project goals, workflows, complex business needs, gaps and opportunities
- Reviewing and approving all technical documentation related to the approved solutions before implementation
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in the technological aspects of applications in own domain
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in an IT function, particularly in coordination, design, development, implementation and maintenance of business-related information management systems
- Experience in the IT Integration area
- Experience with ESB and SOA principles
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in some of the following application domains is an advantage: collateral management, front/back-office banking, risk management, general ledger, swift, document management, MS-SharePoint
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of SOA landscapes
- Excellent knowledge of ESB
- Technical knowledge in IT, including the design, development, implementation and maintenance of business-related management information systems
- Hands-on experience in software development life-cycle including the supervision of development teams
- Good knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Hands-on experience in service design using BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Hands-on experience in IBM Integration Bus (IIB) is an advantage
- Hands-on experience in IBM WebSphere Registry and Repository (WSRR) is an advantage
- Hands-on experience in Java, Java messaging, Java middleware, databases, SQL programming, JBoss, Web Services would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
Please apply via the link.
Deadline for applications: 29th June 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-Time, Luxembourg, Projectmanagement, IT