The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General in the Communication Department , Editorial, Publishing and Production Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a
Head of Editorial, Publishing and Production Division
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Communication Department ensures the Bank’s activities are known and valued by its stakeholders and the general public. It interacts with external and internal audiences and ensures the EIB Group engages with them in an open and accountable way.
The Editorial, Publishing and Production division is the content powerhouse of the Department. Its mission is to develop informative, engaging, and attractive content to support the Bank’s interaction with the public at large across all communication channels.
The task for this position is to develop and manage the production of compelling corporate literature and broader communication content in the framework of the EIB Group Communication strategy, to ensure the Bank’s work and achievements are known, recognised and supported among stakeholders and the widest possible public
The Head of Division reports to the Director of Communication and manages a team of professional and administrative staff. S/he will liaise with Members of the Management Committee and other directorates and maintain contacts with external suppliers and other EU institutions.
- Define and implement strategies for the EIB Group’s corporate communication and contribute to the development and implementation of the Bank’s overall communication policy. Ensure proper and effective organisation of major publications such as the Bank’s Annual Report and other corporate publications
- Lead and support the work of the Editorial team in producing world class communication content about the EIB Group’s activities and achievements, in cooperation with all other EIB Group departments
- Manage and regularly review design and production processes for all communication content
- In cooperation with other EIB departments and building upon existing activities, develop and implement a publishing strategy for the EIB, involving the commissioning, production, and marketing of policy papers, books, reports, and other products, to influence global policy debates and establish the EIB Group’s thought leadership in areas which are pertinent to its work and achievements.
- Plan, organise, manage and control the activities of the division. Allocate responsibilities, set objectives and evaluate the performance of the division’s staff. Ensure effective cooperation among team members and other Bank staff, as well as the dissemination and cross-fertilisation of information inside and outside the division
- Select, manage and supervise the staff within the division in order to ensure they have the right competencies, objectives and motivation in order to implement the formulated strategy and policies and deliver results
- Work with other Divisions in the COM Department to ensure all products are distributed across all relevant channels
- Manage the budget and other administrative tasks related to the running of the Division
- Represent the division in Bank-wide working groups and various transversal initiatives in order to ensure an optimal internal cooperation and coordination in the area of publications and electronic media
- Develop and maintain contacts with key external parties and ensure inter-institutional and IFIs’ exchange of views and coordination on publications issues
- As part of the Communication Department’s Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the EIB Group’s overall communication strategy
- Contribute to special projects/working groups at senior level, as appropriate
- University degree preferably in the field of communication, economics, finance, or international relations
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the domain of communication, publishing, or international corporate relations
- People management experience, including capacity to coach and motivate staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutional and political framework and in-depth understanding of the Bank’s objectives, policies, procedures and organisation
- In depth knowledge of communication tools, processes and best practices, mainly in the domain of publishing, distribution channels, printing, graphic creations, etc.
- Thorough understanding of project management, service contracts including procurement issues and entire budget process
- Excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages will be an advantage
- Change Orientation: Ability to drive change and innovation to realise the Bank’s mission and strategy
- Providing Direction: Aptitude to provide direction by translating organisational objectives and strategic direction into team and individual actions
- Delegation: Capacity to delegate responsibility and provide others with the means and authority to act within their own area of responsibility
- Coaching and Development : Ability to guide and develop others to make the most of their skills and potential
- Commitment : Aligns behaviour with the interests of the EIB in a committed way and supports diversity policies
- Teamwork and Communication: Takes a co-operative approach within the team, sharing knowledge and information. Seeks to promote harmony within the team and contribute to team processes
- Reliability: Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Meets commitments and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Integrity: Maintains high standards of honesty and trustworthiness. Considers ethical implications of issues and decision
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages.
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 103317
Deadline for applications: August 21, 2016
We believe that diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.