ESMA, which is based in Paris, is the independent European Union (EU) Authority responsible for securities markets issues. Its mission is to enhance investor protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets in the EU.
The Risk Analysis and Economics Department (RAE) is the analytical and statistics department at ESMA. It monitors market, systemic and innovation risks in the EU’s securities markets, financial infrastructures, and investment businesses, conducts research on market functioning, investor protection, and financial stability issues.
- developing and executing business intelligence reports and statistical analyses to support ESMA activities;
- devising data quality analysis and proposing or executing remedial actions;
- contributing to the design of databases, data infrastructure and data governance, in collaboration with other ESMA units;
- contributing to conceptual, methodological and operational documentation on data management and statistical analyses;
- preparing and delivering internal and external briefings and presentations on his/her areas of expertise;
- supporting the data gathering process and data users;
- contributing to database planning and integration within the ESMA data system;
- ensuring timely publication and updates of relevant datasets;
- incorporating and using third party databases to the data analysis of ESMA; and
- supporting the Head of Department and the Team Leader in their activities.
- the university diploma must be acquired in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering, IT or other relevant fields;
- minimum one year of professional experience in using tools and techniques required for data management, data modelling, data mining or quantitative analysis such as SQL, SPSS, R, and other;
- knowledge (acquired by academic training or professional experience) of financial markets;
- excellent written and oral English;
- be a national of a Member State of the European Union or the EEA (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland).
For more information on how to apply, please consult ESMA’s website.
The closing date for sending applications is 19/10/2016 (23:59 hrs, Paris local time).