Director of Communications (Grade AD14), Full Time
European Committee of the Regions, European Union, Brussels
The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated director to lead the institution’s communications.
The CoR is the EU’s assembly of 700 local and regional mayors, presidents and other leading politicians coming from all Member States which shapes EU legislation and the future direction of the Union. The Director with his/her management and communication experience will help develop and implement the Committee’s communications strategy in Brussels as well as in and beyond the EU.
The Director will be responsible for leading the Committee’s Directorate for Communication which consists of more than 50 staff covering press and media relations, online, social media, publications and events. The candidate needs to have substantial political communications experience, well-functioning networks and strategic planning skills with a passion for EU policy and politics.
- Supporting and advising the Committee’s President and other political leaders, as well as the Secretary-General, related to influencing the EU policy agenda;
- Working across the institution alongside its members and political groups in Brussels and across the European Union;
- Devising and implementing the institutions’ communication strategy;
- Strengthening relations with local, regional, national and Brussels-based media, boosting the Committee’s online presence, planning events and producing publications;
- Creating and implementing innovative integrated communication programmes;
- At least 15 years’ experience of delivering communication programmes gained from either the public and private sector of which at least 5 years has been acquired in a managerial role;
- Strong track record in managing large teams, budgets and change management processes;
- Evidence of abilities to deliver strategic communication campaigns across the EU, as well as regionally and locally in Member States;
- Knowledge and understanding of the European Union, its institutions and legislative process;
- Strong analytical skills, written and presentation skills, proven negotiation skills at senior level, at least satisfactory knowledge of English or French.
The closing date for receiving applications is 10/03/2016, 12.00 noon CET.
The content of this advertisement is for indicative purposes only. Applicants must follow the formal vacancy notice which is AVAILABLE HERE