The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is a young initiative at the heart of Europe with a global scope. The EIP contributes to and complements the global peace agenda of Europe and the European Union, mainly through mediation and informal dialogue. The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Funding and Grants Manager to be the force behind our funding strategy in our Brussels office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Admin and HR, you will be responsible for:
Funding: Manage and carry out funding activities
– Provide input into the development of our funding strategy;
– Liaise with donors and partners in the Brussels environment, and engage with EU institutions,
– Identify funding opportunities, Europe-wide and internationally, and actively solicit them;
– Research and seek out funding and partnerships within the sector;
– Research and seek out funding and partnership with NGOs, institutions and foundations;
– Ensure effective communications and relations with all donors;
– Produce up-to-date funding information as required;
– Represent the organisation as needed at meetings with major donors, prospects and existing funders, as well as Board meetings.
Grant management: Ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for all grants and oversee monitoring and evaluation activities
– Manage institutional reporting, including meeting internal and external reporting deadlines, identifying reporting components, compiling/gathering required documents, ensuring report completeness, and facilitating final submission to funders;
– Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirement, including budgets and financial reports;
– Review all grant proposals, including budget and budget narratives, to ensure their overall quality and feasibility;
– Work closely with EIP to build and execute plans and processes, strengthen capacity for grants management, and ensure transparency and accountability;
– Facilitate cross-organisational learning, including providing information, guidelines, lessons learned and user-friendly tools;
– Keep up-to-date with funder requirements and developments in the use of indicators, tools, etc.;
– Maintain appropriate communication with donors concerning grant management;
– Participate in relevant meetings relating to the grants and their respective management.
Qualifications and Requirements
– At least 7 years of experience fundraising in the non-profit sector in the Brussels environment and in Europe;
– University degree in either public relations, business administration, marketing or management;
– Demonstrated experience in major gift donor development, relationship management and grant writing;
– Experience in working with Europe-based and EC funding sources, including philanthropic and sponsorship communities. International knowledge of these sources a plus;
– Excellent communication skills in English: verbal and written;
– Excellent organising and planning skills including decision-making, problem-solving, project management and analysis;
– Proven ability to use diplomacy and discretion in dealing with confidential matters;
– Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required;
– French language skills (spoken and written) is an asset;
– Experience in the field of mediation, dialogue and peace-making a plus;
– Experience working with grant databases;
– EU citizen/work permit for the EU
– Permanent contract
– €4 400 to 4 700€/month according to skills and experience
– Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan and contribution to public transportation
Please submit your CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The call for accepting applications will remain open until we find the right candidate; so don’t put off your submission. Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in an interview process will be contacted.