Under the supervision of the ETUC Deputy Confederal Secretary responsible for the migration and mobility dossiers, the project officer will support a small team in running EU funded projects under the DG EMPL budget line as well as the DG HOME Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, (AMIF)
- Support the team in the daily coordination and administration of projects (organise, participate in and follow-up of meetings and events, preparation and translation of invitations and agendas, proof reading, drafting minutes and reports).
- General project management (design, budgeting, implementation and reporting).
- Coordinate project partners and experts (liaising and supervising the work of partners /experts involved).
- Over-see the production of written documents by experts and others.
- Manage the web portal of our AMIF project – UnionMigrantNet (drafting posts, keeping info updated, encouraging an active input from participants).
- Follow EU policy development and policy debates on migration and mobility.
- Collate and prepare, in a timely manner, all information needed for technical reporting to the European Commission, including validating invoices, content of partner reports.
- Assist with communication and outreach activities related to the project.
The successful candidate must have knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent written and spoken English, with a very good command of a second language, preferably French or vice versa. Other languages would be an asset.
- Experience with European projects and an understanding of the project cycle both those from DG EMPL and DG HOME.
- Knowledge of EU migration and mobility policies, the EU institutional framework as well as of the key stake holders in the fields of migration and mobility policies.
- ICT skills: Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Web portals
- Good communication skills (effective communication with members, project partners, etc). Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience in the trade union movement.
We offer a good salary, excellent working conditions and a challenging job as part of a friendly and motivated team.
The daily work will be undertaken in the ETUC offices in Brussels. Frequent travel will be required.
Please forward a CV and cover letter to Sinead Tiernan, Head of Human Resources, ETUC email@example.com by 31 Dec 2016
Interviews will be organised during the week of 16 January 2017