Functional area: Human Resources
We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact – for Europe.
You will be part of the newly created Talent Management Division in the Directorate General Human Resources. In HR we are 100 staff providing services to 3,000 employees. We are currently in a process of transformation, realigning our business to focus on talent management, leadership development and a more strategic business partnering function. We are creating a more agile HR function with a strong customer orientation based on well-designed people analytics.
We are now hiring several HR Experts to bring in expertise and drive change in the domains of talent and leadership development, career counselling and performance management.
As an HR Expert you will:
- initially specialise in one of the above domains;
- develop new policies from the conceptual to the change management and implementation phases;
- advise managers and staff members on the new policies.
As Principal HR Expert you will also:
- coordinate projects or teams, including setting objectives, allocating work, providing guidance and feedback, fostering talent and/or;
- be the lead expert on strategically relevant HR domains.
Qualifications and experience:
You will bring to the role:
- a master’s-level university qualification in a field relevant to HR management (e.g. human resources management, business administration, occupational psychology, organisational behaviour, employment relations or law) or a bachelor’s degree in one of these fields combined with four years of relevant professional experience and trainings;
- breadth of experience across a range of HR topics, with depth of experience in one or two domains such as talent and leadership development, career counselling or performance management;
- extensive experience in developing and implementing HR policies;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of one other official language of the EU.
You will also bring with you an ability to collaborate, steer change, embrace diversity, think analytically, manage stakeholders and deliver high-quality results.
Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent one after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
We are open to considering part-time arrangements.
The Principal Expert positions have been allocated to salary band H. The Expert positions have been allocated to salary band F/G.
Want to know more? Take a look at our one-minute video vacancy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUh75pIqWh4
How to apply:
Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An “Applicants’ Guide” can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB’s conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at http://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/newcomers/fixed-term/html/index.en.html.
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.