Junior Policy Manager
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) brings together leading national motoring organisations from 132 countries worldwide and is the governing body for world motor sport. The FIA Region I office, based in Brussels, is a consumer body representing 114 Motoring and Touring Clubs and their 37 million members from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. See more: www.fiaregion1.com.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time (m/f) Junior Policy Manager
- Place: FIA Region I office in Brussels, Belgium
- Starting date: 16 August 2017
- Deadline for applications: 14 July 2017
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time (m/f) Junior Policy Manager.
Under the supervision of the Senior Policy Manager, the Junior Policy Manager will be responsible for dealing with the policy activities run by the office linked to car connectivity and automation, road safety, and sustainable mobility.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinate the Legal & Consumer Affairs Working Group, informing Clubs’ legal experts about European developments and proposing joint positions
- Monitor EU legislation in relation to the activities of the FIA Region I office
- Represent the interest of member Clubs at a European level & draft policy briefings
- Ensure the visibility of the FIA at the European institutions (Commission, Parliament, and other international organisations) and with stakeholders
- Answer queries from Clubs and maintain the FIA RI network
- Support policy work carried out by the FIA Region I office
- Prepare meeting documents, presentations and write minutes
- Write policy briefs and positions
- Organise and administrate meetings and events, both internal and external
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed higher education in a relevant field (e.g. public affairs, European studies, economics)
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills (C2 level), knowledge of French and German and other languages is an asset
- Experience in international and multicultural environment
- The ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- The ability to prioritise tasks and be diplomatic
Applications including CV and cover letter shall be sent to: mekam[at]fia.com by 14 July 2017 with subject line “Junior Policy Manager”
We are offering an interesting and challenging job opportunity in a stimulating work environment.