Finance Watch, the Brussels-based public interest advocacy association dedicated to making finance serve society, is looking for a Campaign Coordinator to strengthen its Outreach team – which brings together our communications, campaigning and stakeholder engagement capacities. Growing this team with highly skilled and motivated professionals is an essential component of our three-years strategic plan.
Building on its reputation of excellence in research and advocacy, Finance Watch aims at developing its popularity (wide audience outreach) and network of partners throughout Europe and beyond – technical expertise and lobbying alone will bring about the changes we are seeking. The Campaign Coordinator will lead our efforts to facilitate collaborative campaigning aiming at making finance serve society. She/he will foster alignment of campaigning strategies, resources and activities between our Brussels’ secretariat, our growing Membership (currently 40 organization and 30 expert individuals) and national and thematic networks of partners across Europe and beyond in order to maximize impact.
- Within the context of the overall strategy and in consultation with the management team, colleagues within the Outreach team and the Research and Advocacy Officers, lead the development of a « change finance » campaign and communication strategy and associated plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of the campaign strategy, including by advising on and overseeing the development and design of campaign projects, in order to provide an integrated platform of activities to all stakeholders involved.
Other tasks as appropriate:
- Advise researchers, campaigners and other colleagues on the development of appropriate campaign and communication materials, including timely actions to support agreed objectives, and editing documents where required.
- Prepare campaigning guidelines on Finance Watch’s work on a Change Finance campaign and offer recommendations in relation to key campaigning issues.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication and campaign capacity building initiatives, including training, in support of the Secretariat and across the movement.
- Share within the FW network campaigning best practices, ideas, activities, and materials, and ensuring consistency and coherency in terms of content and recommendations
- Establish and maintain contacts with non-governmental and inter-governmental organizations
- Handling inquiries coming from the Membership and broader network
What does success in this job look like?
- The campaigning and communications objectives are delivered.
- The strategy and objectives of the campaign are understood and shared among our Membership and wider network of partners.
- Members and partners engagement has strongly intensified.
- The campaigning activities are well integrated.
Profile / Qualifications
- Experience in leading the development, coordination and implementation of campaigning and communication strategies at national or international level; sound understanding of essential principles and ethics of campaigning.
- Understanding of the main issues at stake with financial reform in Europe, and relevant regional and international mechanisms/institutions.
- Sound understanding of the implications of developing communication and campaigning strategies for implementation in different countries and sensitivity to different cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience of coordinating campaigning networks and organizing campaigning events including experience of advising and supporting campaigners, young people or community groups, in the development of their activities, as well as experience of motivating members and entities to engage with a campaign.
- Experience in digital campaigning, including in using online and other digital tools to design, run and coordinate a campaign across borders.
- Experience of developing and writing creative and motivating campaigning materials which argue a case, provide information and guidance for achieving impact for campaigners including experience of developing innovative and creative campaigning techniques to support impact oriented activities.
- Experience of representing an organization externally with media, other organizations, including at international events, and a diverse range of audiences.
- Experience of capacity building and training.
- Fluent written and spoken English essential. At least one other EU language highly desirable.
- Good judgment, political and general, to assess the most effective means of communicating information for the purpose of achieving campaign goals.
- Ability to manage a substantial and varied workload effectively, including managing competing demands, maintain high levels of accuracy, and ensure excellent coordination of activities across diverse entities.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent communications skills, who displays leadership qualities while being service oriented towards Finance Watch Members and partners.
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave)
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment.
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations.
Equal employment opportunity
Finance Watch is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short motivation letter responding to the following questions:
- What are the main reasons that motivate you to work for Finance Watch?
- What are your main achievements?
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
Send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote “Application for Campaign Coordinator” in the title of your e-mail.
Interviews will take place in Brussels, starting as soon as possible.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.