FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking an Intern with relevant work experience to support its growing Food&Health practice.
Within our Brussels office, our Food & Health team consists of 5 full-time consultants advising a range of organisations including blue-chip international agro-food, retail and healthcare companies, trade associations and campaigning charities. We develop integrated communications campaigns that engage a wide range of audiences, addressing regulatory issues and matters of political importance. Specifically, we advise our clients on their dialogue and negotiations with EU policy makers and institutions, and develop the wider advocacy strategies that support this engagement. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including technology, financial services and energy policy, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our EMEA and Global network.
- 6-month remunerated stage.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will have:
- An interest in Food&Health policy.
- Knowledge of EU policymaking processes, political parties and the political media.
- Excellent English writing and research skills and networking ability.
- Initiative and creativity when it comes to problem-solving.
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery.
- The ability to work in at least one other EU language is seen as a plus.
- Prior experience in a professional services firm would be an advantage.
- Dynamic team player with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in most common business software applications.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Being vocal publicly through blogs and social media, proactively building a network through attending relevant events.
- Assisting with research and preparing draft reports, mainly related to EU Food&Health policy.
- Assisting in the development of communication strategies and tactics, including social media.
- Daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments.
- Meeting & event organisation, logistics and follow-up.
- Providing political intelligence services in support of public affairs programmes.
- Assisting with production of new business proposals.
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please apply on our website:http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.