- Lead the Fondation on a day-to-day basis, including monthly Management Meeting, which prepares and implements most Board decisions.
- Develop strategic thinking of the Fondation, in consultation with the organs representing, inter alia, media partners from around Europe and key stakeholders.
- Actively search for and develop new funding opportunities to finance the projects of the Fondation.
- Report to the Fondation Board which has a mix of executive and non-executive directors.
- Work closely with Christophe Leclercq, the Founder of both Fondation EurActiv and EurActiv.com PLC. As part of the management upgrade of the media company, he is becoming Chairman and “Ambassador”.
- Goals for 2016 and 2017 include following-up on #Media4EU with a “Tour d’Europe” of the Founder, interviewing and addressing top media and journalism schools.
- Experience of media, e.g. as a journalist, or, at least, of media relations
- Good knowledge of the media sector, including media economics and business models
- Strong understanding of EU policy-making process and stakeholders, and structured approach to advocacy
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, possibly a lot more
- Hands-on approach, entrepreneurial, team-player, proven people manager
- Outgoing personality and excellent networker, willing to attend or address networking events, occasionally outside office hours
- Tech-savvy (internet, mobile, social media)
- Interested in working as an independent contractor with incentives on results, 4 to 4.5 days/week (suitable, for example, for parent of young children or professional with side activities)
- Excellent English and French, ideally also German
- Brussels-based, excellent references in positions of trust
Contact: Minna-Marie Rosti, HR Manager, on 02 226 5822 directly and/or send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications 31 October 2016.