Post (business title): Project Support Officer – finance, procurement, organization & administration
Sector/Unit/Division: Frontex will employ many Project Support Officers for many of its Units in 2017
Function Group/Grade: Assistant, AST4
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Starting date: From 1 March 2017 until 31 January 2018
Level of Security Clearance: CONFIDENTIEL UE / EU CONFIDENTIAL
Closing date for applications 31 May 2017
The European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex), has been established under Regulation (EU) 2016/1624 of 14 September 2016 (the ‘Regulation’). The agency was created on the foundations of the European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the European Union (established under Council Regulation (EC) No 2007/2004), which has been coordinating operational activities at the EU external border since 2005.
Frontex is located in Warsaw, Poland and is in the process of significantly increasing the size of its staff from the current number of more than 420 to meet its expanded tasks.
● Operational and technical assistance to the EU member states at their external borders by coordinating joint border control operations including deployment of vessels, aircraft and other equipment and border guards from EU countries;
● Coordination of border surveillance and law enforcement activities being part of maritime security in cooperation with national authorities and EU agencies as for example EMSA
● Situation monitoring of EU’s external borders and risk analysis on all aspects of border management, including assessment of the EU MS’ border control authorities to face threats challenges at the external borders;
● Assisting member states in returning nationals of non-EU countries who do not have the right to remain on the territory of the EU;
● Development of training programmes for European border guards to share best practices and expertise at all EU borders;
● Monitoring new technological developments in the field of border control and acting as an interface between research institutions, industry and national border authorities;
● Cooperation with EU and international organisations, in the area of border management, security, and prevention of cross-border crime (including terrorism);
● Assist non-EU countries in the context of technical and operational cooperation on border management including return matters, in the framework of the EU external relations policy.
For more information, please refer to our website: http://www.frontex.europa.eu
2. PURPOSE OF THIS CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Frontex is launching a selection procedure to set up a database of candidates from which it will recruit its temporary staff in the specific profile of Project Support Officer in the function group Assistant (AST) in grade 4.
The database will be used by Frontex to fill its new or vacant posts based mainly in Warsaw, Poland from 1 March 2017 until 31 January 2018.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LINKED TO THE POST
Reporting to the Head of Unit (and under the supervision of the respective Head of Sector or a Team Leader),
the main duties related to this post are:
●Providing financial and administrative support in Sector’s/Unit’s activities by in particular: preparing and following
up financial commitments, preparing and processing procurements , monitoring of fulfilment of concluded contracts, preparing and processing payment requests, reimbursement claims and verifying supporting documentation as well as assisting in organization of missions of deployed Frontex officers;
● Support in organization of meetings, workshops and other networking activities for stakeholders;
● Maintaining an overview of operational activities and financial monitoring of related budget allocations designated to the Sector/Unit;
● Contributing to performance management of the technical equipment and human resources’ deployments in order to foster operational effectiveness, financial efficiency and sound management;
● Contributing to a ctivity reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
● Contributing to an overall enhancement of operational management procedures and practices and quality assurance;
● Carrying out other tasks and responsibilities assigned by Head of Sector/Unit.