Frontex is located in Warsaw, Poland and is in the process of significantly increasing the size of its staff from the current number of more than 420 to meet its expanded tasks.
● Operational and technical assistance to the EU member states at their external borders by coordinating joint border control operations including deployment of vessels, aircraft and other equipment and border guards from EU countries;
● Coordination of border surveillance and law enforcement activities being part of maritime security in cooperation with national authorities and EU agencies as for example EMSA and EFCA;
● Situation monitoring of EU’s external borders and risk analysis on all aspects of border management, including assessment of the EU MS’ border control authorities to face threats challenges at the external borders;
● Assisting member states in returning nationals of non-EU countries who do not have the right to remain on the territory of the EU;
● Development of training programmes for European border guards to share best practices and expertise at all EU borders;
● Monitoring new technological developments in the field of border control and acting as an interface between research institutions, industry and national border authorities;
● Assist non-EU countries in the context of technical and operational cooperation on border management including return matters, in the framework of the EU external relations policy.
For more information, please refer to our website: http://www.frontex.europa.eu
2. THE CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND FINANCIAL AND CORPORATE SERVICES UNIT
The general mission of Corporate Governance is to provide necessary support and assistance to other entities in Frontex to allow them the smoothest and uninterrupted functioning. The Corporate Governance function includes Financial and Corporate Services, Legal Affairs, Communication, Human Resources Management, Information and Communication Technologies Management and Security.
The Financial and Corporate Services Unit ensures the coordination of all activities related to the preparation and implementation of the budget while keeping the financial regulatory framework up to date.
Corporate services is a sector within Financial and Corporate Services unit; the entity takes care of facility management, logistics for HQ and other offices of the agency, general administrative support for the agency and its staff members, including a dedicated ex-patriate support.
Reporting to the Head of Financial and Corporate Services Unit, under supervision of the Head of Corporate Services Sector, the Property/Facility Management Team Leader will be responsible for:
• overseeing the work of Corporate Services facility management team;
• monitoring proper implementation of contracts for works, supplies, services and goods required for the functioning of Frontex HQs and its offices in MSs and Third Countries;
• co-operating with external providers for works, goods, supplies and services;
• contributing to sound financial management and budget planning;
• contributing to planning and implementation of Frontex property/facility related projects and managing such projects;
• drafting procedural documents (policies, briefing notes, procedures etc.);
• drafting technical documentation (Technical Specifications, Terms of References).
To be eligible, a candidate must:
● possess a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more;
● possess a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma followed by at least one year full-time professional experience, when the normal period of university education is at least three years;
● in addition to the above, by the closing date for applications, at least 6 years of proven full-time professional experience after the award of the minimum qualification certifying the completion of the level of studies required above;
Only the required education will be taken into account.
ANY GIVEN PERIOD MAY BE COUNTED ONLY ONCE (in order to be calculated as eligible, years of studies or professional experience to be taken into account shall not overlap with other periods of studies or professional experience, e.g. if the applicant had a full-time job and did freelance consultancy work in the evenings and weekends, the days spent on the latter will not be added to the period).
In case of part-time work the professional experience will be calculated pro-rata in line with the workload stated by the applicant.
Compulsory military service or equivalent civilian service accomplished after the achieving the minimum qualification stated in the first two bullet points shall be taken into consideration as professional experience if the official documentationis provided.
● be a citizen of one of the Member States of the European Union or the Schengen Associated Countries and enjoy full rights as its citizen;
● have fulfilled any obligations imposed on them by the laws of the country of citizenship concerning military service;
● be physically fit to perform their duties
In order for an application to be considered valid, applicants must submit their Frontex Application Form relevant for this selection procedure duly signed and scanned (pdf format) to the following an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
. The subject of the e-mail shall have this structure: ‘SURNAME_Name_Vacancy Reference Number_Post Title’.
Frontex Application Form is to be downloaded from Frontex website under the Reference Number of the post. In the Eligibility Checklist (which forms an essential and integral part of the Frontex Application Form) the applicant shall verify his/her compliance with the eligibility criteria for the specific post. Applicants are further required to provide details on meeting the relevant selection criteria.
The Frontex Application Form must be:
• Fully completed in English, pointing out the professional experience relevant to this position (incl. calculation of years, months);
• Printed, signed and clearly scanned in pdf format (in one single document);
• Named as follows: ‘SURNAME_Name_Vacancy Reference Number_Post Title’.
The application will be rejected if it is not duly completed and signed by hand.
Please note that if at any stage of the selection procedure it is established that any of the requested information provided by an applicant is false, the applicant in question will be disqualified.
Applicants shortlisted for an interview will be requested to supply documentary evidence in support of the statements made in the application. Do not, however, attach any supporting or supplementary documentation with your application, until you have been asked to do so by Frontex. Additionally, do not submit the references or testimonials, unless they have been requested for the sole use of Frontex. Incomplete applications or applications sent to Frontex after the deadline will be disqualified and treated as non-eligible.
Due to the large volume of applications, Frontex regrets that only applicants invited for the interview will be notified on the outcomes. The status of the recruitment procedure is to be found on Frontex website.
Please note that the time period between the closing date for applications submission and the end of the shortlisting of applicants for an interview may take more than two months.
The closing date (and time) for the submission of applications is 4 June 2017 at 23:59 h of Warsaw local time.
Please keep a copy of your e-mail that proves that you have submitted you application on time as well as the subsequent automatic reply which confirms the receipt of your application.
Applicants are strongly recommended not to wait until the last day to submit their applications. Frontex cannot be held responsible for any last-minute malfunction due to an overload of the respective mailbox.