VACANCY NOTICE – TEMPORARY STAFF
Reference number: Frontex/17/TA/AD8/12.1
Senior Legal Officer
Post (business title): Senior Legal Officer
Sector/Unit/Division: Legal Affairs Unit / Corporate Governance
Function Group/Grade: AD8
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Starting date: 1 July 2017 (estimated date)
Level of Security Clearance: SECRET UE / EU SECRET
Closing date for applications 14 May 2017
The European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex), has been established under Regulation (EU) 2016/1624 of 14 September 2016 (the ‘Regulation’). The agency was created on the foundations of the European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the European Union (established under Council Regulation (EC) No 2007/2004), which has been coordinating operational activities at the EU external border since 2005.
Frontex is located in Warsaw, Poland and is in the process of significantly increasing the size of its staff from the current number of more than 420 to meet its expanded tasks.
● Operational and technical assistance to the EU member states at their external borders by coordinating joint border control operations including deployment of vessels, aircraft and other equipment and border guards from EU countries;
● Coordination of border surveillance and law enforcement activities being part of maritime security in cooperation with national authorities and EU agencies as for example EMSA and EFCA;
● Situation monitoring of EU’s external borders and risk analysis on all aspects of border management, including assessment of the EU MS’ border control authorities to face threats challenges at the external borders;
● Assisting member states in returning nationals of non-EU countries who do not have the right to remain on the territory of the EU;
● Development of training programmes for European border guards to share best practices and expertise at all EU borders;
● Monitoring new technological developments in the field of border control and acting as an interface between research institutions, industry and national border authorities;
● Cooperation with EU and international organisations, in the area of border management, security, and prevention of cross-border crime (including terrorism);
● Assist non-EU countries in the context of technical and operational cooperation on border management including return matters, in the framework of the EU external relations policy.
For more information, please refer to our website: http://www.frontex.europa.eu