FTA SUSTAINABILITY – Environmental Coordinator
The Foreign Trade Association (FTA), created in 1977, is the leading association of European and International commerce that promotes the values of free and sustainable trade. It brings together representatives of hundreds of retailers, importers, brands and national associations to improve the political and legal framework for trade in a sustainable way. FTA’s members reflect the diversity of the retail sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin.
In 2003, the FTA launched its first initiative, The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) in response to the increasing business demand for transparent and improved working conditions in the global supply chains. It unites more than 1700 companies around a development-oriented system applicable to all sectors and sourcing countries.
In 2014, FTA launched its second initiative, the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to improve the environmental performance in supplying factories and farms worldwide. BEPI provides a practical framework that can support all product sectors in all countries to reduce their environmental impact, business risks and costs through improved environmental practices.
With a new management team in place, the FTA has brought together its Social and Environmental initiatives under FTA Sustainability with the single vision of supporting our members in delivering Sustainable Supply Chains that make a real difference.
In this exciting time for the FTA, as it strengthens and develops its skill portfolio across the organisation, a position has become available within the BEPI Team. We are hiring a full time Environmental Coordinator to support BEPI, the FTA’s Sustainability’s supply chain environmental performance improvement programme. This role reports directly to the BEPI Managing Director.
- Conduct analysis and propose practical solutions to address cross sectoral global supply chain environmental risks.
- Interpretative analysis of current and emerging policy, standards and corporate objectives to provide practical guidance and support.
- Participate in existing cross sector collaborations and support the development of new partnerships in Europe and supplier countries.
- Support the implementation of BEPI within member companies and their global supply chains.
- Manufacturing and consumer goods supply chain management experience an asset.
Professional Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have a sound technical understanding of key environmental sustainability principles, management, reporting and assessment systems. Furthermore the ideal candidate will have industry experience of implementing and managing environmental sustainability within a supply chain context. The required skills are:
- Applied technical experience of sustainability measurement and assessment methodologies i.e. LCA, carbon footprinting, Eco-design etc.
- Industry experience of improving environmental performance within supply chains i.e. sustainability integration in supply chains, process hazard analysis, compliance, risk management.
- Interpretative technical reporting experience.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Delivery quality and results oriented.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient and professional manner.
- Environmental, engineering or scientific degree level education.
- Fluent in technical English, additional languages an asset
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a world-leading business sustainability association at a most exciting and crucial phase in its development, as it seeks to bring fundamental and lasting improvements to global supply chains
- An international environment with an interesting and challenging field of activities.
- Belgian employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme.
- Continuous personal and professional development
The position is located in Brussels.
Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org