The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of German development cooperation to international clients, such as the EU, bilateral and multilateral donors as well as to the private sector. Clients profit from more than 40 years of practical experience in development cooperation gained from over 10.000 programmes and projects in more than 120 countries.
For more information, please consult: www.giz.de.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to start 1st August 2016 to strengthen our Brussels team.
Applicants are asked to submit their updated CV together with a one-page cover letter (both CV and letter in English) to the following email address: email@example.com, mentioning the position you would like to apply for in the reference.
The cover letter shall clearly outline the motivation and availability of the applicant. Applications should be submitted at the latest by 30th June 2016.
Project acquisition, i.e.
- Screening and assessment of business opportunities published by the European Institutions and other donors like, World Bank, United Nations, DFID, DEZA etc.,
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and potential customers within the European Institutions and other donors,
- Autonomous preparation of letters of interest and conceptional and methodological coordination of technical offers, including the identification of and negotiation with experts and consortium partners. Calculating competitive financial proposals in cooperation with Project Commercial Officer
- Project implementation and control
- Monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects, including the oversight of project reports to the client.
- Supervising Key Experts and identification of short-term experts
- Financial management of project portfolio together with the Project Commercial Officer.
The above list of tasks is not exhaustive and might be complemented according to the actual needs of the projects and GIZ Succursale. All tasks shall be carried out under supervision of and in close collaboration with the Team Leaders, other Project Managers and / or the Executive Director.
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree
- Minimum 4 years work proven past experience with EC and/or other donors tenders and project management
- Experience in contract negotiations with cooperation partners
- Sound written and spoken command of English (ability to read, write and understand complex documents) are a must
- Knowledge of French and especially German will be an asset. Able to work autonomously under high time pressure and workload
- Service-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills, keen on working in a team
- A technical background or sectorial know how would be an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Full IT proficiency (all current MS Office applications, internet)
- Work permit for Belgium