GLOBSEC is an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organisation that builds on the successful work done by the Slovak Atlantic Commission (est.1993). Its main goal is to shape the global debate through conducting research activities and connecting key experts on foreign and security policy
About GLOBSEC Policy Institute
GLOBSEC Policy Institute is a think tank of the GLOBSEC organization that is building upon and broadening the
previous work done by the Central European Policy Institute (CEPI) from 2012 to 2016. The institute is involved
in conducting research, generating policy ideas, and stimulating action in four programme areas: Defense&Security; Energy; Future of Europe; and European Neighborhood. All the programmes have their own long term strategy, research and action-oriented plans, and develop initiatives targeted toward shaping high-level policy, which are presented at our top events such as GLOBSEC Forum, TATRA Summit
, and Chateau Bela. The research and action plans are developed in close coordination with our network of top experts and current and former practitioners/decision-makers, including in particular the International Advisory Board of GLOBSEC, and partner
organizations. The plans will be incorporated within various project managed by GLOBSEC Policy Institute’s support team.
Professional background requirements:
• A candidate is required to have at least 5 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector;
• High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results;
• Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional level);
• Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required;
• Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications;
• Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media;
• Experience with team and project management.
Other requirements: residence in or relocation to Bratislava
Strategy and Leadership
• Development and implementation of long-term programme strategy and goals in compliance with the mission of the organization;
• Leadership, professional development and management of programme’s staff;
• Supervision over the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the programme;
• Management of the support staff (project assistant/manager, interns);
• Supervision over the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of projects; responsibility for all outcomes towards project committee and quality control;
• Responsibility for smooth cooperation of Programme’s team members with other GLOBSEC’s departments.
• Defining and adjusting of research agenda that focuses on relevant policy issues;
• Development and maintenance of communication with external experts;
• Supervision over the expert work of Research and Associate Fellow(s);
• Writing and editing expert publications;
• Quality control (final editing) of all publications and project proposals within the programme.
• Development of partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners;
• Ensuring that adequate funds are available to permit the programme’s activities to achieve the strategic goals;
• Identification and realization of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Corporate Partnership Department.
• Representation of the programme at expert events (seminars, conferences);
• Commenting for media and advocating expert positions;
• Active contribution to the content of social media;
• Responsibility for presentation and visibility of programme’s activities and outcomes in media.
30 June 2017
Send us your current CV including a list of your publications and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.
By sending us the cv and cover letter, the applicant grants the consent with processing of his/ her personal data with the purpose of applying for the posted position and in the extent determined by personal data contained in curriculum vitae or any similar document of the applicant, without a time limitation; however, not longer than for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of such processing, pursuant to Article 11 of Act No. 122/2013 Coll. on protection of personal data and on change and amendment of other acts as amended.