The role requires you to be responsible for the operation of Windows and Linux operating systems, of all main systems and related infrastructure used for global applications offered to Greenpeace staff globally, in order to provide high performance and reliable IT services. Systems are hosted on both VMware and the Google Cloud Platform. Windows server 2012 experience will be highly valued.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintenance and support of Global IT systems in order to provide high performance and reliable services;
- Monitoring and trend analysis in order to guarantee availability, capacity and security;
- Providing backup and disaster recovery in order to provide continuity;
- Change management so that changes will not (unexpectedly) interrupt services;
- Developing and implementing new database systems in order to provide the organisation new services it needs.
What we are looking for:
- B.Sc. or University degree relevant to Systems and Network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or comparable work experience/certification
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with database management on large-scale systems
- Good knowledge of databases, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux especially with regards to database performance
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform would be considered added value.
- Experience with VMWare, SAN, BI and networking would be considered added value
- Experience of working in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community.
- Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written), additional languages are an advantage
What we offer:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet
- Being a member of a professional, fun and dedicated IT team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way
- An annual salary in line with an NGO along with a benefits package that includes among others, contribution for health insurance and an OV Card that allows you to use all public transport within the Netherlands
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Want to join us? We would like to meet you! Please submit your application directly via the website with your CV and cover letter.
Please note that the deadline for applications is the 9th of December at 23:59!