Our vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since our founding in 1976, we have built or repaired over 1 million homes, providing more than 5 million people with safe, decent, affordable shelter! Habitat works toward this vision by building strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with people and families in need of a decent and affordable home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.
JOB TITLE: Communication Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Bratislava, Slovakia
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 15%
The purpose of the Communication specialist role is to cover a broad variety of responsibilities within EMEA communications department: guiding the public relations activities within EMEA region, relationship management with key media stakeholders, measuring the impact of media activities, supporting the strategic initiatives for the strengthening of brand, developing communications talent within the region
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Guide and implement an area wide approach to communications/public relations for HFH and for its work; contribute, as needed, to the development of an area wide integrated strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key housing, financial, business, and charity media.
- Enhance the HFHI brand in the area through strategic communication initiatives with NOs and ensuring consistent messaging of brand and logo.
- Analyze and report on communication impact for digital/social and traditional media. Suggest traditional and digital channels and platforms for promotion of HFH content.
- Mentor and develop emerging talent among HFH entities in countries mentioned above.
- Build and maintain relationships with key social and traditional media seeking and gaining opportunities to place information about HFH to gain wider awareness and understanding of our work.
- Work with National Directors and their staff, program managers and communications managers in identifying and writing/developing stories and content that can be used and placed both inside and outside of the area’s media as well as in HFH publications and social media channels.
- Research and originate stories, scripts, presentations, marketing and advertising copy as required for use in internal regional and global publications.
- Maintain integrity of content used in editorial and marketing communications materials published by and within the countries specified.
- Establish strong relationships with NDs and HFHI regional and global team members. Lead the collaborative development efforts among Habitat for Humanity entities in the area.
- Effectively manage HFHI resources including travel and other expenses for self and for other HFHI team members that may be involved in pursuing new opportunities.
- Manage diverse teams in collaborative development efforts when needed.
- Provide leadership to HFH entities and AO staff regarding communications area.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Strong English language writing and editing skills, preferably developed in a news media environment
- Up to five years English-language journalism experience preferably in a newsroom environment.
- Ability to see a news angle, and to judge and prioritize information of significance for publicizing Habitat’s activities
- An editor’s fine eye for detail
- Research skills, and clear reasoning and organizational skills
- Second language used in the area preferred but not necessary.
- Strong business presentation skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and reporting to a variety of project managers.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to influence through persuasion, as opposed to direct line management.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Word based computer skills.
- PowerPoint and web computer skills preferred.
- Video/broadcast experience a plus.
- Experience or exposure to developing marketing plans and working with mass media.
- International NGO experience within the area will be a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can apply for the position by sending their CV along with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in the nonprofit organization market.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.