- Company: IAAPA
- Title: Manager, Public Affairs
- Department/Office: Europe, Middle East, and Africa Operations
- Status: Full-Time Employee
- Reports To: Karen Staley, Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East, and Africa Operations
- Direct Reports (Supervises): Not Applicable
- Overall Responsibilities (Short summary of the role): Coordinate the external government relations function for the EMEA Operations in Europe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations on national and regional policy trends which could impact the industry.
- Coordinate written materials such as government relations bulletins, policy papers, press releases related to GR, presentations for the members on government relations, etc.
- Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the industry’s image with external stakeholders.
- Link external regulatory developments to the amusement park industry helping members to understand the impact on their business and operations.
- Coordinate / contact members on input from members to contribute to government run consultations on issues that impact the industry.
- Represent the industry in relevant industry groups and forums.
- Build relationships of trust with members
- Develop and manage the work programme of IAAPA Europe’s Government Relations Committee.
- Develop an annual programme of profile raising events and visits to educate the membership about the value of Government Relations activities.
- Maintain a network of government relations contacts within the industry.
- Execute an annual programme of park visits to stay in touch with member needs and issues related to government relations.
Qualifications and Training:
- University degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in European Governmental Affairs; national or Europe wide.
- Relevant professional experience in the leisure, tourism or attractions industry preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in at least one other European Language.
- Proficient knowledge of IT applications.
- Knowledge / Experience of EU policy and structure.
- Self-starter with the required motivation to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small Brussels based team and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the European region.
- Confident and skilled communicator able to simplify complex concepts or regulatory issues for a non-expert audience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the amusement park and attractions industry
The deadline for applications is the 30 September 2016.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to :
- Karen Staley, MBA
- Senior Vice President, IAAPA EMEA
- Email: email@example.com