Campaign Officer Wildlife
IFAW Brussels – Belgium
The International Fund for Animal Welfare, is an international animal welfare NGO working to save individual animals, populations of animals and habitats around the world. We have offices in 15 countries and projects in more than 40 countries. In the EU office we work in cooperation with institutions, international conventions, our national offices and other non-governmental organisations in order to promote wildlife conservation and animal welfare. For more information about IFAW visit our website www.ifaw.org
For our Brussels office we are seeking a full time Campaign officer.
The ideal candidate will be developing and implementing EU advocacy in the context of the newly adopted EU Action Plan on Wildlife Trafficking and the Conservation Strategy for Africa. To this end, the Campaigner will be involved in lobby activities in the area of international conventions such as CITES, combatting wildlife crime through better enforcement and increased capacity of judiciary, and will ensure appropriate EU and national funding support is available from development instruments.
Campaign Planning & Implementation
- Provide strategic EU input for the planning and development of key campaigns and projects.
- Establish good communications with key officials in the European Commission, Members of the European Parliament and the Representations of all Member States of the EU.
- Manage campaigns and projects to meet targets and deadlines and oversee expenditure.
- Work with the Programme and Communications teams to develop external communications strategy to support branding and public outreach through EU media.
- Assist in drafting and production of materials, including press releases, reports, articles, web content, and presentations to promote campaigns, projects, IFAW’s image and branding.
- Represent IFAW by participation in meetings, conferences, public events and media interviews.
- Establish, co-ordinate and maintain collaborative relationships with other conservation and animal welfare organisations in Europe which support and complement IFAW’s goals and initiatives.
- Provide input for IFAW’s Direct Mail Marketing, Development and Operations departments on government and/or international funding proposals related to programmes and projects.
Job Requirements & Experience
- Advanced degree preferable, with a focus on European affairs, law, ecology or the environment.
- Experience in international policy in relation to animal welfare and wildlife conservation issues, development funding, environmental crime and enforcement chains.
- Experience of at least five years in campaigns and advocacy and sound knowledge of EU institutions and processes.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong personal commitment to animal welfare and conservation and to IFAW’s goals worldwide.
- Ability to work in a flexible international team environment in a way that promotes collaboration and integration.
- English native or equivalent and at least one other EU language essential; Spanish or Italian are an asset, together with multi-cultural awareness.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Please send your CV and cover letter by Friday 6th May 2016 to email@example.com
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.