AIJA is looking to recruit an Events Coordinator.
If you have at least 3 years of experience dealing with events with 500 delegates and more, are multilingual and enjoy the hectic world of events, then this position might be for you!
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for the entire cycle of AIJA events. He/she will make sure that all AIJA events run smoothly, have a strict financial control, are the result of a good teamwork between all parties involved (AIJA headquarters, AIJA members, hotels, suppliers, etc.).
In particular he/she:
Prior to the event
- Conducts site searches and prepares relevant reports.
- Organizes onsite visits prior to the events.
- Secures, books and contracts suitable venues (hotels, social program activities, etc.).
- Identifies and liaises with vendors (hotels, audio-visual, catering, meeting support material, DMCs), providing them with meetings specs.
- Develops and monitors all events related budgets.
- Ensures quality control in all events.
- Coordinates and manages program details, including meeting room set-up, audio-visual, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, and transportation.
- Supports the events’ marketing plan developed by the AIJA staff.
At the event
- Coordinates venue management, caterers, contractors and DMC support.
- Coordinates suppliers, handling AIJA Members queries and troubleshooting to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Leads the team on the ground for event setup.
- Monitors the budget.
After the event
- Follows-up with the different stakeholders to close the event.
- Closes the budget of the events.
- At least 3 year experience in Events Management.
- A proven track record of contracts management and successful negotiations with events vendors (e.g. hotels, venues, etc.).
- Previous experience with associations’ events is a clear advantage as well as a good understanding of membership-based organizations.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent English and French (written and oral) are essential. Additional languages an asset.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with the team and AIJA members.
- Good sense of humor and team spirit.
- Availability to travel when necessary.
- Full time permanent contract
- Competitive salary package
- Desired start date: August 2017
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Deadline for submission: June 19. Please note that applications will be reviewed also before the deadline so do not hesitate to apply earlier.
Strictly no phone calls please. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information: www.aija.org