The EUROMED Migration IV (EMM4), a programme funded by the European Union (EU), aims to implement a comprehensive and shared approach to strengthen effective dialogue and cooperation on migration, mobility and international protection and asylum between EU Member States (EU MS) and European Neighborhood Instrument South Partner Countries (ENI SPC). In this, the programme provides a comprehensive, constructive and operational dialogue and co-operation framework, with particular focus on reinforcing regional and national instruments and capacities to develop and implement evidence-based and coherent migration and international protection policies and actions. The programme encompasses two main dimensions, namely 1) regional dialogue and cooperation and 2) capacity building actions. Horizontal and cross-cutting activities support both dimensions, with particular focus on communication and regional actions, especially in the perspective of contributing to the dissemination of balanced information for a more positive narrative on migration.
One such activity is the recently launched Migration Media Award scheme, in collaboration with the Open Media Hub, the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Malta, which aims to contribute to a more balanced narrative on migration by promoting journalistic excellence.
The EMM4 is inclusive in its approach and actively engages with a broad variety of stakeholders including government authorities, international organisations and civil society representatives, academia, and the media in the implementation of its activities. For more information on EMM4, please refer to the following link: https://www.icmpd.org/our– work/migration-dialogues/euromed-migration-iv/
Under ICMPD’s Migration Dialogues and Cooperation Directorate which encompasses the Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean, the Communication Assistant will work as part of the EMM4 team, reporting directly to the Project Manager and under the guidance the Senior Communication and Knowledge Officer.
Interested candidates are requested to complete the primary and secondary selection criteria accessible in the recruitment document linked to this vacancy announcement.
Under ICMPD’s Migration Dialogues and Cooperation Directorate which encompasses the
Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean, the Communication Assistant will work as part of the EMM4 team, reporting directly to the Project Manager and under the guidance the Senior Communication and Knowledge Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Communication Assistant will provide substantive communication and general and administrative support to the EUROMED Migration IV Project Team and specifically the Senior Communication and Knowledge Officer.
To this end, the Communication Assistant’s responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, communication related documentation and follow up on all Peer to Peer meetings and visibility of their respective outcomes;
- Implement other strategically planned communication, visibility and media engagement activities;
- Provide general support to the Communication and Knowledge component;
- Co-produce and edit French and Arabic contributions to the regional newsletter as well as gather content for the newsletter and produce it;
- Implement current and forthcoming social media activities;
- Support the planning and implementation of the migration media award;
- Assist the Programme team in the preparation of substantive outputs and specifically to gathering, organising, processing and analysing data and information;
- Draft briefs and short, analytical background documents (notes, summaries, briefings graphs and presentations);
- Assist in drafting and reviewing the minutes of meetings, reports and official letters and other correspondence.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (Master’s degree) in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, Knowledge Management, International Relations, Migration or related to Information and Communication Technologies ITCs, or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in working with International Organisations, National Administrations, Non-Governmental Organisations or Civil Society organisations;
- High interest in migration issues, the Mediterranean as a region and in the work of the EMM4;
- Interest or some experience in/with journalism
- Knowledge of ICTs and their possibilities / potential;
- Interpersonal Communication skills;
- Strong Computer Proficiency (especially Microsoft Word and Excel); knowledge of other programmes or software;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French; knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset;
- Promotion of the values of Commitment, Integrity, Partnership, Respect and Innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and education.
Please address all your enquiries to email@example.com, indicating vacancy number and title of post in the subject line.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their complete application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a 1) curriculum vitae and 2) completing the recruitment document linked to the Vacancy Announcement VA17P012V01 for Communication Assistant position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application early. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Interviews will be held from in the second half of March. Applicants are expected to be available during this time period for a personal/telephone/Skype interview.