Vacancy Notice 2016-17
Open to Internal and External Candidates Position
- Title : Budget and Reporting Analyst
- Duty Station : Regional Office Brussels, Belgium
- Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : October 16th , 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and the direct supervision of the EU Compliance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical assistance to IOM missions worldwide in financial, budget and reporting management of EU funded projects, as well as to missions in the European Economic Area (EEA) for all funding sources.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical assistance to IOM Country Offices (COs) and Regional Offices (ROs) worldwide on EU funding related financial and administrative subjects to ensure that IOM rules and procedures are consistently applied while also adhering to EC rules and regulations.
2. Ensure effective liaison with relevant field missions, in particular in the EEA region for all funding sources, and project co-ordinators in order to obtain accurate, consistent and standardised financial information for all purposes;
3. Provide general advice to project development officers and project managers on finance matters (budgeting, monitoring, revision, reporting, etc.) as well as on contractual conditions related to EU funded projects.
4. Review budget and financial reports for EU projects centrally funded and provide compliance review in case of EU decentralized projects, when required, in strict coordination with the involved Country Offices, Regional Offices and IOM central services as applicable.
5. Monitor budget consumption of the EU centrally funded projects and alert on unusual trends.
6. Regularly update and maintain EU centrally funded project database with financial and contractual data for follow-up, tracking and risk assessment purpose and timely alert supervisors whenever needed.
7. Contribute to maintaining proper internal controls as well as ensure adhering to any applicable contractual, administrative and compliance related requirements.
8. Support the EU Compliance Officer in external verification/ audit exercises announced by the EU Institutions by assisting in the provision of information, revision of documentation and drafting of audit responses, as and when required.
9. Provide supervisors with recommendations to enhance the quality of EU funded projects budget and financial reporting functions.
10. Prepare request for payment for EU centrally funded projects and follow up on the collection or return of funds.
11. Assist in the organization of training activities and preparation of materials, concerning the EU regulations and financial management for IOM staff whenever required. Deliver EU funding related trainings as assigned.
12. Participate in internal and external meetings as required.
13. Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or a related discipline, from an accredited academic institution. Master degree in related fields and/or professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage. Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business administration, accounting, financial reporting and budget tracking;
- Proven experience with EU funding instruments, financial management and reporting is a requirement;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular in Excel and computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
- Familiarity with International Accounting Standards (IAS) is an asset;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies. Languages Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French and Spanish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 16th October 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:http://eea.iom.int/images/Download/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Posting period: From 06.10.2016 to 16.10.2016