Pracovná ponuka v IOTA – medzinárodnej neziskovej organizácii zaoberajúcej sa daňovými politikami. Pracovná pozícia “Executive Secretary” bude vykonávaná v Budapešti, Maďarsku.
Title: IOTA Executive Secretary
Organisation: Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA)
Organisation info: www.iota-tax.org
Industry: International Organisation
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Start: 25th of September 2016
Duration: 36 months
Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA)
The Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA) is a non-profit Organisation that provides a forum to assist members in the European region to improve tax administration. The Secretariat of the Organisation is located in Budapest, the Republic of Hungary. The Organisation has got 46 member tax administrations, offering technical events delivered through a range of methods and publications on the variety of topics related to the tax administration operations.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who can contribute to strategic planning and formulation of IOTA policies and strategies, thus bringing IOTA in a strong position next to other similar international organisations.
The IOTA Secretariat is comprised of staff employed by IOTA and staff seconded from member tax administrations. The successful candidate will be appointed as Executive Secretary of IOTA and should therefore be able to demonstrate that she/ he has the competence and capacity to deal with all aspects of the work carried out by IOTA.
In particular, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate vivid achievements in her/his career so far, referring to her/his qualities, skills and experiences as stipulated in this call for the position of Executive Secretary.
The Executive Secretary will be expected to:
– Actively contribute to the development and promotion of IOTA and to the shaping, development and delivery of IOTA’s priorities;
– Lead IOTA setting high performance standards and providing dynamic and visionary leadership of the Organisation;
– Represent IOTA and participate actively in external engagement with key stakeholders and other international organisations;
– Work cohesively and constructively with the Executive Council of IOTA in driving forward the development of the Organisation and the delivery on its goals, strategies and business priorities;
– Understand the challenges public administrations are facing and maintain close contact with member states for a clear understanding of their needs and particularities;
– Implement new and modern communication techniques, capture tangible results from the IOTA activities, and communication of these results to the membership of the Organisation via electronic means;
– Manage the Secretariat towards delivery of all key business programme and priorities;
– Develop capacity and capability within the Secretariat and manage multiple agendas and tasks and allocate the resources of the Secretariat to maximize performance;
– Exercise the rights of employer over the employees of the Secretariat and be accountable for the day to day management of the operations of the Secretariat;
– Provide the equity leadership to guide and support the development of IOTA and to ensure delivery of its key business and strategic objectives and programme.
Required Experience and Competencies
To be considered for appointment to this key role, the applicant must have:
– Significant management experience at a senior level, including project management, management and development of resources, change management and a track record of delivery to a high standard and within budget, even in challenging circumstances;
– The ability to work on his/her own initiative, take decision and provide leadership to and implement appropriate performance management of the Secretariat members;
– The requisite knowledgeability and track record of performance for the position;
– Excellent communication and influencing skills required to operate effectively at a senior level;
– A relevant university or equivalent qualification;
– An excellent command of written and oral English and the skill to deliver presentations and make official appearance;
– A strong work ethics;
– Experience of successful working in the international arena (including, relationship building-networking, tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills).
More specifically, the applicant should meet the following competences:
– Contributes significantly to the shaping of the strategies and policies;
– Implements strategic and tactical planning;
– Leads a team setting performance standards and drives high performance;
– Leads and manages the implementation of change, reform and continuous improvement;
– Seeks active alignment and collaboration with other international organisations;
– Develops capability and capacity across the Secretariat through effective delegation;
– Develops a culture of learning and development offering coaching and constructive/ supportive feedback;
– Creates the workplace where cultural diversity is valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the Organisation.
– Balances strategic and operational details to meet business needs;
– Initiates and takes personal responsibility for delivering results;
– Reviews projects and initiatives to ensure delivery and their effectiveness in meeting required standards;
– Ensures the optimal use of information and communication technology and new delivery models;
– Ensures that the management and delivery of results using relevant project governance methodologies.
Building Relationships and Demonstrates Diplomatic Sensitivity:
– Engages with colleagues at all levels in a widely dispersed Organisation and in other international organisations, building sustainable networks;
– Anticipates political sensitivities and complexities and responds in a constructive manner;
– Convinces and builds consensus aimed at enhancing co-operation and collaboration within IOTA;
– Speaks and writes in a clear and impactful manner.
Judgement and Decision Making:
– Recognizes inter-dependencies between complex issues and grasps the high level implications;
– Makes sound and timely well substantiated decisions in full understanding of their impact;
– Effectively balances competing considerations and political elements in all decisions.
Achievement and Commitment:
– Assesses performance against targets and identifies areas for improvement;
– Promotes a culture that fosters the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
– Is personally resilient trustworthy, honest and respectful, delivering on promises and commitments
IOTA bears costs related to the employment of the successful applicant on the basis of a work contract signed by him or her and the President of IOTA.
The gross remuneration package is negotiable, depending on the skills and experience of the candidate, but it would not exceed the amount of 150.000 EUR per year.
The gross remuneration package is comprised of:
1. gross salary (that covers the actual salary, any type of tax owed by the employee or the employer as well as the social contributions – pensions and/or health or any type of insurance that he/she wishes or is bound to pay), up to 135.000 EUR per year. There are no other benefits on top of the gross salary.
2. A bonus in the gross amount of maximum 15.000 Euros annually, given on the basis of performance evaluation, with the approval of the Executive Council. It is important to note that the procedure regarding the bonus system of the Organisation is currently under revision.
The remuneration is paid in accordance with Article 5 of the IOTA Seat Agreement (see here). The amount of the remuneration is fixed for the whole term and it is not subject to any changes throughout the duration of this term.
Legal Provisions and Regulations
The duties of the Executive Secretary will be undertaken in accordance with the Seat Agreement, the Charter, the Internal Regulations and the Financial Regulations of IOTA, as well as with other relevant rules and regulations in force in Hungary.
Selection will be on the basis of the following elements:
Step 1: Shortlisting, made by all EC members, of maximum 4 candidates, on the basis of the information contained in the completed application form and its attachments (reference(s), letter of motivation.
Step 2: The shortlisted candidates will then be invited to an interview. The interview with the shortlisted candidates based on the essential competencies and experience required for the position, will take place, probably, on the 18th of May 2016, in Vienna. The exact date of the interview shall be made public in due time. The shortlisted candidates unable for any reason to attend the interview will be automatically dropped off the list. After the interview the two best candidates will be selected. The interview shall be held by 3-4 EC members, Heads of Tax Administration or their representative,
Step 3: A presentation made by the 2 candidates selected from the previous step to the General Assembly of IOTA, on the 8th of July 2016, in Bucharest. The ES is designated by vote in the General Assembly.
Duration of Appointment
The duration of the appointment is 36 months. Any extension of the term is subject to the provisions of Article 15 of the IOTA Charter.
All applications must contain the filled ‘Application and CV form’, a letter of motivation and at least one reference letter and sent to the Presidency of IOTA only by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st of April 2016. Presidency will confirm the receipt of applications. In case no confirmation arrives, please resend your application. For further information about the recruitment procedure and for the ‘Application and CV form’ please visit this webpage