FIGIEFA is the international federation and political representative of the independent distributors of automotive replacement parts and vehicle repair chains. Based in Brussels, our organisation represents 20 national trade associations from 19 countries. FIGIEFA aims at maintaining effective competition in the automotive aftermarket and defending motoring consumers’ rights to have their vehicles serviced, maintained and repaired at a workshop of their choice. For further information please visit www.figiefa.eu
Our office in Brussels is looking for an:
EU Affairs Officer
6 month contract starting as soon as possible with the possibility of extension.
- Monitoring of EU policy and legislation developments in relation to the areas of concern to the automotive aftermarket and conduct research on relevant policy areas (e.g. Transport, Single Market, Environment, Competition and issues related to vehicle technologies affecting the automotive aftermarket
- Support the implementation of the federation’s advocacy and communication strategies;
- Drafting of documents: position papers, reports, press releases, contributions to Commission consultations, minutes of meetings, articles, speeches, PowerPoint presentations.
- Organisation of the federation’s meetings, workshops, seminars/conferences etc.
- Attend and participate in events organised by European institutions or other relevant stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a graduate in Law, Economics or Political Sciences with a specialisation in European Affairs;
- Possess professional experience (with a maximum of approx. 5 years) in the Brussels environment and have a thorough understanding of the functioning of the European institutions;
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional EU languages (e.g. German/French) would be an advantage;
- Be self-motivated and a fast learner, eager to acquire general and technical knowledge of the automotive sector and especially its aftermarket facets;
- Be committed and a flexible team-player, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Be diligent and accurate;
- Be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Be computer literate with a very good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
Suitable candidates should send their CV and a covering letter to the FIGIEFA secretariat, for the attention of Mona Wiig at email@example.com preferably before the 7th February 2016.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the deadline for interviews.