Job Title: Standardisation Junior Specialist
CECED – European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers, Brussels, Belgium
CECED represents the household appliance manufacturing industry in Europe. CECED has 18 Direct Members and 26 National Associations representing 25 countries. It promotes the industry’s mission to increase appliance performance while reducing its impact on the environment. It also plays an active role in the fields of safety and standardisation, resources and energy efficiency.
CECED is currently looking for a Standardisation Junior Specialist to coordinate the work of a CENELEC (European Organisation for Standardisation in the electro technical field) Technical Committee 61 (Safety of Household and similar electrical appliances), and to support the Trade & Safety Team in CECED with its on-going activities.
- Coordination of the activity of TC 61 Secretariat in CENELEC – preparation of agendas, minutes, documents distribution, logistics, keeping contacts with CENELEC central secretariat, and managing the TC 61 files;
- Close cooperation with TC 61 chairman on the aforementioned activities;
- Support the CECED Trade & Safety team, especially on the international standardisation and product safety files;
- Involvement in other policy activities of the CECED Trade & Safety team, depending on the development of the European political agenda.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (technical or engineering background would be an asset);
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience (experience with European and/or National Public Authorities is desirable);
- Ability to prepare short reports, summaries, minutes, and databases;
- Good analytical skills and an ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue;
- Very good organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work in small, multi-cultural teams;
- Capacity to perform well under pressure;
- Knowledge of the main computer software packages, in particular Word and Excel;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), good knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
- The opportunity to work in a EU related environment within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association (interacting/meeting policy makers, stakeholder representatives and representatives of some of Europe’s leading global companies);
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment with many European and international contacts, including travel;
- Salary package according to Belgium law;
- Initial 1-year contract with a clear possibility for renewal for undetermined period.
CV, cover letter (outlining your ideas and experience relevant for the position) and short presentation on “Your understanding of CENELEC TC 61 and CECED’s role in standardisation” are to be sent by email to email@example.com by November 16th 2015, with the reference to the job title in the e-mail’s subject heading. The ideal starting date is 1st December 2015.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates.