Hľadá sa ďalší "bojovník dúhy"!
4. novembra, 2015
Greenpeace Slovensko hľadá kampaniera!
Greenpeace is a global, non-violent campaigning organisation that acts to protect and conserve the environment. Tomaintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies exclusively on contributions from individuals and foundation grants. Greenpeace in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) comprises offices in 9 countries, with Headquarters in Vienna, Austria. For the local office in Slovakia, we are looking for an Campaign Coordinator in Slovakia.
Purpose of the position:
As the Campaign Coordinator you will design, develop and take forward Greenpeace Slovakia´s campaign(s) to successfully achieve organizational objectives, in line with national, regional, EU-wide and global campaign strategies in order to inspire and raise public awareness and understanding of the respective campaign issues within target audiences and to achieve campaign objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
– Carry out research to identify key campaign goals, target audiences and methods for creative campaigning in Slovakia
– Undertake appropriate research, in cooperation with the Greenpeace International, CEE, EU-Unit and National Regional Offices (NRO) if appropriate and utilize the information effectively in pursuit of campaign objectives. Take forward existing campaigns in accordance with the overall planning framework.
– Contribute to the development and planning of communications and fundraising strategies in relation to the campaign objectives.
– Implement specific elements of campaign project work which will include some or all of the following techniques: peaceful direct action, public communication and engagement activities, media work, political and corporate work and the use of legal and scientific approaches to issues, in order to achieve campaign objectives.
– Work collaboratively within the team in order to maximize team potential to respond to challenges and explore new ideas and initiatives.
– Participate in the evaluation of project work on completion.
– Act as a representative of Greenpeace to external bodies/the media as appropriate ensuring consistent messaging and positioning of the organization at all times.
– Take responsibility for development, expenditure and monitoring of specific campaign project budgets as delegated by the Office Director.
– Professionalism, in particular delivering high-quality products in all aspects of the work.
– Achievement, in particular towards measurable objectives both individually and for the team.
– Interpersonal relationship, in particular building constructive and long-term relationships with all parties involved in the job.
– Knowledge sharing, in particular towards other team members who need to be in the loop of activities being carried out.
– Innovation, in particular considering the ‘cutting edge’ core value of Greenpeace
– Knowledge and/or experience in campaigning (background and practical knowledge in one of the mentioned areas – Energy, Toxics, Agriculture, Forests, Political Campaigning)
– Understanding of the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media and social change play in campaigning.
– Knowledge and/or experience in effectively dealing with confrontational situations
– Knowledge and/or experience in research and investigation
– Knowledge and/or experience in lobbying
– Fluency in written and spoken English
Method related competencies:
– Negotiation skills
– Public speaking
– Risk (legal, reputation, communication impact) assessement
– Presentation and reporting skills
– Project management
– Budgeting (preparing, presenting, monitoring)
– Autonomous / sense for initiative / work independently
– Stress resistance
– Willingness to learn, building expertise in your campaign field
– Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
You will be based at the Greenpeace Slovakia office in Bratislava with possible irregular travelling and field work. Hopefully, you will appreciate our flexible approach towards working hours and casual working environment.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and your motivation letter until December 6, 2015 at: email@example.com. Please note that only applications in English and via email will be considered.