Location: Brussels, Belgium – WWF European Policy Office
We are looking for a Communications Director who will lead WWF’s communications toward the EU. The incumbent will manage 5 staff directly and be a member of the senior management team. The postholder must be an outstanding communicator, be politically savvy and have a comprehensive knowledge and working experience of EU political processes.
- Lead WWF’s communications and campaigning work towards the EU
- Ensure that Communications is represented within the senior management team
- Generate options of how Communications can be used to achieve WWF long-range policy goals, select the best strategies and ensure the successful implementation of those strategies
- Develop an excellent working relationship with WWF policy and advocacy staff who rely on communications and campaigning for the achievement of their objectives.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with WWF offices, other NGOs, media and other stakeholders on major strategic communications and campaigning issues.
What you need: Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 10 years’ experience in an international or European organization on media, campaigning and political advocacy
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a small to medium sized team
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with EU political processes
- Politically savvy and experienced, i.e. proven record of developing and successfully implementing political communication and advocacy strategies
- Outstanding communicator, able to present concepts in a compelling way using text, images, or other media
- Know how to use digital tools innovatively and persuasively
- Understand project management and implications of decisions
- Broad understanding of major environmental and conservation issues
- Excellent understanding of and connection with the Brussels/EU-based media landscape
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications:
15 September 2015