Job title: Consular Officer
Job Description: The Embassy of Ireland in Brussels is seeking to employ a permanent full-time Consular Officer to work as part of a small but busy team. This diverse role will include the following tasks:
- Carrying out a wide variety of office administrative tasks.
- Processing consular documents and liaising with the relevant authorities in Belgium and Ireland.
- Acting as the first point of contact in handling and monitoring public enquiries, including face-to-face, telephone and written enquiries.
- Media monitoring and reporting on relevant news stories.
- Managing book keeping and payroll.
- Experience relevant to the job description above would be an asset. Experience in a customer facing role in an international organisation is an advantage.
- Fluent English and French language skills (both written and spoken) are desirable. Proficiency in Dutch is a strong advantage. Knowledge of Irish would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to exercise discretion.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office), experience in websites and social media preferred.
- Strong planning, coordinating and time management skills with very good attention to detail.
- Highly flexible to changing priorities.
Apply: To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 9th November, 2015, mentioning ‘Consular Officer Application’ in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.