Our Prague office is looking for a new full-time member of our Research & Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in Banking & Insurance, and enjoy working with numbers on daily basis. Your task will be to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge for our consultants and clients. Initially, your focus will be on the Czech Republic and Slovakia, later to be expanded to the whole of Central Europe. Ultimately, the role is a great stepping stone, in the 4-5 year horizon, to the position of Expert.
What you’ll work on
- You will work to keep your knowledge of the industry current: mechanics, trends, key players, regulations. You will have a deep dive on key players and mapping the market on the financial indicators.
- As the owner of research into Banking & Insurance, you will bring clarity to any debates of and projects in the industry in the Prague office.
- You will work with numbers and data on daily basis: combining and/or linking Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. No worries – we can teach you all this, but you should have some foundation to build on. Please note this is not Big Data.
- You will produce written summaries, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets. Do not expect financial modelling though.
Who you’ll work with
- You will work with our local as well as international consulting teams and possibly directly with clients.
- You may occasionally interact with central banks
- You are likely to interact with members of our Finance practice – a specialized group serving a wide variety of clients in all sectors (e.g., Corporate & Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth & Asset Management) and functions (e.g., Strategy, Marketing & Sales, Operations, Organization, Risk).
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related field – either a fresh graduate or a professional with 1-3 years of experience
- Willingness to quickly learn and deeply understand the Bank & Insurance market in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, and potentially also in Central Europe, and to be the source of detailed topical information.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, both analytical and conceptual
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and willingness to take ownership
- High professional and ethical standards and respect for confidentiality
- Native Czech or Slovak and high English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent fluency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, manage a significant workload effectively under pressure and work well independently, a proactive mindset, team spirit, and ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong service orientation and ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all seniority levels
How to apply
If you are passionate about this position do not hesitate to send your Curriculum Vitae in English to Daniela Meisnerová at email@example.com. The expected start date is at the beginning of 2018, to be agreed with the successful candidate.
Please include the following text in your application for this position.
By reacting on this position I agree that McKinsey and Company, Inc. Prague may process and keep my personal data which are filled-in or attached to this email. Personal data will be processed according to the Commission Decision 2001/497/EC and Act No. 101/2000 Coll. on Personal Data Protection. I provide these data to McKinsey and Company, Inc. Prague solely for the purpose of selection process, for the period of its duration and for the period of maximally 12 months after the selection process termination or until a written form revocation.