For more information about the activities of IOM in the Slovak Republic see www.iom.sk.
About the position:
|Position Title:||Financial and Administrative Assistant|
|Duty Station:||Grösslingová 35, 811 09 Bratislava, Slovak Republic|
|Salary offered (gross):||1,008 EUR/month (General Staff GIII, UN Salary Scale valid for the Slovak Republic since 1 Jan 2009)|
|Estimated Starting Date:||asap, ideally mid Jan 2017 or 1 Feb 2017 (initial contract for 9 months or till 31 October 2017)|
Job description, responsibilities and duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in IOM Bratislava and under the overall supervision of the Head of Office in IOM Bratislava, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Procurement and asset management
- Assists with procurement of office supplies, goods and services in line with projects needs and mission’s needs according to IOM rules and in line with donor requirements.
- Registers invoices and assists with verification of deliveries against purchase orders in SAP.
- Performs monthly verification of status of purchase orders.
- Labelling of new assets and issuing of asset assignment forms for staff
- Assists in asset stock taking and records changes in assets in SAP
- Treasury Accounting
- Acting as petty cash custodian for € currency petty cash in Bratislava, inserting the transactions in SAP.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of the bank accounts in SAP for review for financial manager.
- Prepares and checks correctness of data of bank transfers before the transfer is approved by financial manager.
- Housekeeping of vendor accounts in SAP (mainly advances).
- Administration of documents
- Assisting with preparation of supporting documentation for quarterly VAT and consumption tax claims.
- Assisting with preparation of supporting documentation for financial reports to donors.
- Filing and archiving of accounting documents, consultant contract, services agreements, donor agreements and official correspondence with donors.
- Registering of incoming/outgoing mails.
- Assist in preparing/completing/checking supporting documentation of travel expense claims.
- Assist in preparing documentation for audits.
- Other duties
- Assists in setting up – meeting room and in organizing of external events.
- Delivers mails and documents to post office and partnering institutions.
- Acts as back up of other team members
- Performing other duties assigned by the Head of Office or supervisor.
- 6 weeks of paid annual leave per year.
- 24 days of paid sick leave per year.
- Special medical insurance.
- UNJSPF pension scheme after one year in case the employment contract is extended.
- Flexible working time.
- 40 hours working week, usually no overtime.
- Nearly no duty travel/business trips.
Personality requirements and skills:
- University education – Master’s degree in Economy or Business Administration or Secondary school focused on Business administration and University education;
- Two years of experience in administration or finances;
- Experience with management of the EU project expenditures and the execution of the project budget is an advantage;
- Experience in shared services center is an advantage;
- Experience in developing and implementing project activities is an advantage;
- Excellent monitoring, evaluation, and reporting skills;
- Language skills: Slovak – native speaker and English – advanced;
- Administrative and economic skills: Business correspondence – advanced;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel – advanced, SAP – basic;
- Driving licence: B;
- Strong in numbers, accuracy and in details;
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong planning skills and strong in keeping deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and also in a team;
- Ability to take initiative and act with autonomy; personal commitment, creative thinking and drive for results.
Information about the selection process:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and a motivation letter in English by e-mail to Mr. Martin Mikolas, email@example.com, till 6.00 pm on 19 December 2016. Subject of the email must be: Financial and Administrative Assistant.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Expected date of completion of the selection process: 15 January 2017.