We are recruiting for an experienced PR Manager to join our Czech & Slovak Subsidiary. Based in Bratislava, reporting to the Communications and Philanthropies Lead CZSK, you are expected to deliver strong and innovative contribution to the PR strategy & planning on the subsidiary level, and to take full accountability and ownership of PR strategy, planning, storytelling & messaging in dedicated areas, whilst building upon and manage strong media and influencer relations in both markets.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (for both markets):
• Works closely with Communications s Lead to land strategic vision, thought leadership program and product messages in order to build desired external image of the Microsoft brand, products and programs with media, analysts, end-users, partners, academics, government officials, community agencies and other influential constituencies. Looks for new opportunities and ways to positively shift perceptions about MS and its products.
• Owns the management, development, execution and reporting of PR plans and media strategies in commercial (B2B) segments and public sector including media and analyst relations and influencer outreach that map to the business goals of commercial segment leads and their marketing plans to effectively execute on agreed communications goals. Responsible for developing and execution of strategies that will improve MS position among influencers and government elites.
• Manages product communication and storytelling in close cooperation with responsible HQ teams and local product managers, drives efficient and innovative communications strategies leading to positive and impactful coverage in media and among influencers, building on synergies across themes and teams, mitigating issues etc. Able to develop compelling, concise, creative, and credible fact-based messaging to support product PR
• Builds high quality and professional relationships with media and influencers across segments. Key are news/general media, technology, business and public sector media. Supporting segment leaders and product managers in building their relations with media and influencers while ensuring alignment with corporate messaging. Actively supports product managers in ensuring internal product readiness (knowledge of latest products and features).
• Able to act as trusted advisor to subsidiary management and product managers, brief management and executives on key messages and storytelling for media interviews and public or internal events, coach/brief Microsoft employees on messaging and storytelling for media and public
• Responsible for current knowledge of Microsoft’s products and technology strategy, the media and social networking environment, customer and partner audiences, competitive landscape and influencers
• Co-manages PR agency incl. target setting, measurement processes, and reporting in dedicated areas of responsibility.
• Candidates should have at least 8 years of PR experience and proven leadership in developing a corporate image strategy, including demonstrated relationships with the media community
• Awareness of and experience with dealing with government and public affairs issues
• Demonstrated experience dealing with crisis issues and resolving successfully
• Strong project management and communication skills
• Can-do & hands-on attitude, strong ownership and accountability
• Business acumen and strategic thinking
• Knowledge of Microsoft products and the technology industry is strongly advised, but not a condition
• Native Slovak + excellent knowledge of English language, both oral and written is mandatory
• Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media is expected
• Experience with working in an international environment
• Readiness to travel regularly to Prague (approx. once a month)
• University degree is required
This position is an internal agent position (contingent staff) and employed by external agency in service for Microsoft.